Why didn't my ex boyfriend want me to sit next to him when I saw him today?

Me and my ex boyfriend reunited today and we both go to the same college. I bumped into him during my lunch break. We are on pretty good terms and he is still nice to me and talks to me like a friend and today I saw him at lunch with a whole bunch of his friends that were mostly girls. I asked if I can sit next to him and he declined while another girl sat next him instead. Why wouldn't he want me sitting next to him?

Most Helpful Girl

• Although your 'EX has Marked an X in Both your hearts again, has you back in His life again and everything is hunky Dorey here, with being surrounded by his own entourage it seems, he doesn't want to Mix Present Pleasure with-----Historical Her-history, you could say.
    He wants you around, but yet keep you on the sidelines, for his own 'Business' is Not yours now, so let bygones be bygones.
    Now that you both have become this 'Bump in the nite,' although 'Reunited,' No longer hooked at the hip, 'On pretty good terms' 'Pretty much sums this short story up-----'Like a friend.'
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 3

• Because he's your ex, DUH! You may think you're on good terms but he's obviously interested in another woman or would rather have another woman sit next time him rather than you. That's why he's an ex.

• Do you really have to ask? He's more interested in relationships that haven't failed yet. He's moving on and so should you.

• He's your ex that's why. I all weird in front of my ex and don't want her around. Unless she calls me at 2am.

What Girls Said 3

• Because you guys are ex's... No matter what in most cases, ex's don't really like each other deep down as friendly as they may seem on the surface. Maybe he doesn't want to revisit memories with you. Maybe he thinks sitting with you will make some emotions resurface. There are just a multitude of reasons why he wouldn't want to sit next to you or deal with you. Don't take it personally.

• He's your ex, why are you trying to hang out with him? I don't even talk to my ex and we go to the same high school together yet I still say nothing to him I act like he doesn't exist and its so easy. Looks like your ex has moved on and so should you.

• He was afraid you would cock block him. There is a girl he probably likes and he didn't feel comfortable with you around because he really likes her