Boyfriend is going on dates with another girl?

I recently found out that my bf has been texting a girl that he just met every day, and he even goes on dates with her, and he is hiding this to me. He told me he doesn't really talk to her. When I ask him about this, he said there's nothing between them, he didn't tell me because "why do I need to tell you, I can do whatever I want".

When I'm upset about this, he's very angry at me being upset, saying I shouldn't, and he is allowed to enjoy other girls company... but I'm confused, shouldn't I be upset about this? Am I just overly jealous?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, you should be upset by this. Yes, you are overly jealous, but you are justified in being so in this case, as you were under the impression that having a boyfriend meant he was going to treat you like a girlfriend. Him saying "I can do whatever I want" is true, he can, but what it also true is that you do not have to put up with it. Part of having a partner means putting aside some of the things that you can do in order to make the relationship work more smoothly. It is about trade-offs and give and take. He is clearly not acting like a boyfriend, and seems unwilling to even consider changing his behaviour.

This relationship is 100% doomed if he has that attitude. Your best bet will be to get out of it as soon as possible, regardless of how much that may hurt.

What Guys Said 5

• Yes you are allowed to be upset about, heck I think you should dump him because he's not acting like your boyfriend anymore unless your expectation of a boyfriend is them cheating on you.

• End it with that dumbass. No way I'd have a girl that was enjoying the company of other dudes.

• I'm pretty sure that's cheating.

• Punch him in the dick. Dead serious.

• Not only should you be upset you should break with him. For one he sounds like a duche bag for two thats how people get std's from a promiscuous partner. Also if he can see other women can you see other guys? Sounds fair

What Girls Said 1

• You have the right to be upset, going on dates with other girl is disrespectful to you and the relationship. You told him how you felt about it and he got angry says a lot about him. he's expecting you to except it and be okay with it. You deserve better love, dont even wasit your time on someone like that. If he can't see what he's doing wrong, then show him that you can move on.