Am I being played?

Whenever I talk to this guy in real life, drunk or sober, he's ALWAYS 100% into me. He always tries to get my attention, and gives me his jacket when I'm cold. And he always tells me to text him sometime with a smile. We ended up making out once, but it only happened once. The only thing is, is that when him and I text, or he talks to me on msn. He barely talks. Is this just something that some guys lack? Technological communication? Or is he just playing me. Even if when he's sober he still talks to me totally normal. It's just texting, it's always really simple, and is never interesting when we talk.

Am I being played? or Does he have feelings for me?

Most Helpful Guy

• I had a female friend who had that same issue. With my friend's experince, I think he is trying to get laid or make out with you at least. If he does not take effort to communicate with you, he is not into you probably. I think you should just keep some distance with him, unless you have hot for him. If you do, why don't you lend him on, and take the control of the situation.

Just curiousty, what kind conversation are you expecting from him when you talk ?

• Well anything.. Regular? Like sometimes I'll try to flirt with him through texting.. like one time I told him I wish someone was with me to keep me company, because I was bored. All he said was "Ohh... Umm.." Left me totally and completely confused :S. And yes, to be truthful I do have feelings towards him.

• He's turning 18 tomorrow.

• Yeah, that can be pretty scary if you were 18. lol

What Guys Said 4

• he is a badboy or player? if you are looking for nice guys then leave him.

his behaviour is unusual against normal rules of conversation,but absolutely correct against d language of gaming.he is using "push and pull"technique

making you feel good through giving you attention in realtime..pull

avoiding you online...push

• Maybe he's not a texter. It sounds like he's great when its face to face communication, maybe the other stuff isn't his thing.

• Yeah he is great 1 on 1. He'll always try and get my attention, whether it's yelling out "Hey! .. Hey!" until I look over and then He'll just smile. Or if it's sticking up for me when someones saying something rude to me.. even if the person's just joking around.

• I don't think he is enthusiastic about you. I think he is playing you. Otherwise he would have talked with you in the same manner as he normally does when face-to-face.

• Although , it's not just me that he communicates in this manner to. (referring to text messaging)

I'm really great friends with his ex, and she tells me that when they were dating he still acted like this? But maybe he's being difference towards me? I'm not sure.

• I think he is a shy guy since he behaved in the same manner with his ex. Just to ascertain, why not ask her if he is a shy guy or not ? Probably he is afraid that you will reject him.

• Probably that is why he is not proposing you ?

• so are you with this guy yet ?

I

• No. I still like him.. I'm going to his party tomorrow hopefully.

and am going to see if he acts any diff around me now.

• Wish you the best luck.

And update us.

• Well last night he told me he likes me ! so that's definitely a step forward!!

What Girls Said 6

• I think he's a flirt. He likes seeing how he makes you feel when he's flirting with you in person. He may not be a player exactly but I'd try to feel him out more if I were you.

• i know a guy JUST like this! ughhh its frustrating and so confusing

• I know! Especially while in this process he's made me like him!

• Some guys are just kind of lazy via texting. I wouldn't worry so much about it. If he talks to you normally every other way, he's probably just not gifted at/interested in text messaging or msn. He probably doesn't even notice he's doing it. Usually for a guy, what really matters is how he acts in person.

• He's really into you, but he probably uses body clues and tone of voice a lot, when speaking and listening. Try Skype!

• Haha I have a feeling if he's not into Text messaging he wouldn't even know what Skype is! But thanks ! I do hope he is.

• hes playing you

• How do you know for sure? thx though.

• Sounds like it. I would watch out and be careful with him. you don't want to get hurt by him. He could just be like that in all of his relationships and really not care

• NO SWEETIE HES NOT PLAYING You AT ALL...U ANSWERED YUR OWN QUESTION ..HE HAS NO CONVO AT ALL THRU MESSAGE! B HAPPY GURL You WOULD HAV 2 B WORRIED IF IT WAS THE OTHER WAY AROUND! WHAT IF IN PERSON HE NEVER TALKED TO You OR SEEMED INTRESTED IN U!

• Yeah , that is true. Thanks. I've just heard people tell me that if a guy acts like he wants to be with you in person, but totally the opposite in texting or msn he might be playing me. Man I wish technology didn't exist and made things easier! haha.

• I know.