Who has more options when it comes to dating: men or women?

If I ask out 10 girls in a week, 7 say no, 3 say yes, and one MIGHT actually go out with me. Whats it like for you?

• men
  • women

Most Helpful Guy

• Definetely women, they get asked much more often tan men and the only thing that they have to do is reject who they want to go out or not. While we even for the most attractive men, have to ask and try to impress several women before we get a date.

I honestly dont understand why women see it as bad to have many options and try them before they find something worth their time. I mean i am pretty sure that throughout their Little trip finding out who is worth, they get a lot of attention, things and what not, unlike us who are the ones trying to impress somebody to get some sort of signal.

I mean think it this way: dating for women is sort of like when they go to buy clothes at a clothing store. They see a lot of options there that the store provides, they try out several of them until they find something that they like.

Dating for us is more like going door to door until somebody wants to give us something to wear.

What Girls Said 14

• Women have more options. All we have to do is post a selfie on our Facebook and there's already a desperately lonely guy wanking over it and asking to marry you haa. Men are way too desperate on here; they worship the ground women walk on whilst they drool over their butts, which makes them look sad imo. Women like confident independent men who have their life sorted out and finding love isn't their only goal in life.

• But like @creoe-flavor said, we may get a load of dates but it's not so easy finding a guy who's relationship material and actually respects us. We have to decipher if they're interested in a relationship or just sex too.

• you are totally right, but if you dont ask her out, bother, write he or etc, she is not going to give you her attention anyways, so we have to do all of those things. Not doing anything and just concentrating on other things isn't going to help at all, because women never make any move or too subtle for men to understand.

• Exactly, thank you! Women dont understand how much more work it is for a man and just how easy they have it. They get to sit back, relax and enjoy the ride. Men have to entertain, pay for everything, plan everything, can't make a single mistake or show any weakness

• In the animal kingdom it is always the female

• Generally I don't bother asking guys out because in a given week I probably get some form of approach more than 10 times... not to be vain or anything, but if I approached 10 guys I wouldn't know what to do with them all lol

• Thanks for being honest. As a guy, im telling you that you should be gratefull you anyone asking you out. Wow, if I had 10 people asking me out every week id have so much confidence

• Ahhhh well there is the trick isn't it finding those exceptions that you just connect with for no reason that you can put your finger on, but you just do...

Totally make your own rules though it's easier that way :)

• And once you make your own rules, don't be afraid to break them ;) life is just one giant learning opportunity!

• If I ask a guy out I usually get abo... oh wait never mind I'm too shy to like, talk to guys IRL XD
    But seriously i think it's equal, it takes two people to date, and unless the majority of the planet is lesbian, which I highly doubt, it#s the same number of men and women ;)

• nah men ask out and getrejected. women get asked out and reject poeple. 2 totally different perspectives and experiences

• Twice.

Everyday? C'mon, you don't ask a girl out every single day, or do you?

• well yeah, the current norms in dating force men to be players. We have to ask out several girls a week, because we already intend to be rejected. So if one week we get lucky and someone says yes, or lets say like 5 girls in a month say yes, we end up having to date like 5 diferent women at once because we dont know which one is going to stay or not.

Also, a woman doesn't have to say no to show us rejection. It could be as subtle as turning away as we approach her, or looking at some other guy after we smile at her. And that kind of rejection does happen every day many times a day

• I think women have more options to get more dates but we both struggle to find someone worth our time even after we get a date

• Worth your time? Thats a very entitled thing to say. Maybe you're not that great and the guys you're after are too good for you

• I am, if a woman says, "I can't find men worth my time," that tells me her standards are unrealistic. she's holding out for a guy who meets her unrealistic standards, cuz trust me, if men who were "good enough" found her attractive they would be asking her out.

• Dude- she said all the guys who ask her out are unemployed and have kids, they're not worth her time if she doesn't want that. That isn't unrealistic or unreasonable. Get off you high horse.

• I personally think it depends a lot more on the individual person than on gender. I know a lot of good looking and/or outgoing guys who have women that would slit their wrists for a date with them. Good looking, wealthy, and confident/outgoing people have more options, regardless of what's between their legs.

• Yeah but to ignore gender differences would be a mistake

• I'm not necessarily ignoring gender, but I do believe you are putting to much of an emphasis on it. I personally think that both men and women have their own advantages in life and dating, but that doesn't mean that either gender has it easy.

• I didn't say easy, but women do have it easier. I mean women across the board dont have to put in as much work as a good looking guy. And work as in emotional and psychological effort, planning, paying, pursuing in spite of like 4 other guys pursuing her, and entertaining her. Women sit back and enjoy the ride, unless they are fat or below average. And there are plenty of rich guys who can't find a date, and only the best of the best looking guys have it as easy as you describe

• Women, in general. I'm a bit of an exception to the rule, what with my somewhat withdrawn, cold demeanour...

• Women have more options but very rarely does a guy she likes ask her out so those options aren't too comforting

• that only leaves one option...

• Ew yeah stop with the day game, PUA shit. Its creepy by nature

• Of course its creepy I dont even listen to that shot. Thats why I used quotes, cuz I don't know what else to call it but its true. My personality is better for meeting women in the day rather than the night scene

• In general, women

• The vagina has more options.

• We will always get unwanted attention (what we hate the most) so I guess we have more options.

• thats a very entitled way of looking at it. unwanted attention is better than no attention.

• What's wrong with just wanting to walk anywhere without getting whistled at nor having to deal with jerks acting like some type of desperate animal that hasn't eaten for days? I know of no girl that likes that.

• Nothing is wrong, but imagine nothing. No compliments, no flirting, no sweet gestures from the "nice guys" you dont want, nothing! Uou at least get the good attention as well

• It depends more on attractiveness, opportunity and outgoingness than sex.

• You sex as in gender? Explain

• You should be evaluating her to see if she's worth getting together with too. Maybe that's what going wrong for you? Coming across like you'd take anyone with a pulse doesn't make someone happy to date you.

• you're making too many assumptions about me as a person instead of what we are actually talking about. Of course I evaluate her too, but it still stands: Its not up to me, either way. Its up to her

• as so many guys asked me out and i refused 90% of them :D

• women forsure..

What Guys Said 14

• Women and they know it. Unfortunately some of them take advantage of it too.

• Hmm. In their prime, women have more options, which means men don't have has many options.

The flip side of that is--most women age badly. They don't get hotter with age--a 30 year old woman who takes care of herself is almost always a pale shadow of what she was at 20, if she took care of herself.

A man at 30 can date college girls in their prime.

• The Law of Averages dictates that its 50/50. Dating is easy, finding the right one isn't.

• I choose Women!!! i picked the wrong one ! nooo..

• We have about the same amount. I think you just perceive them as having more because men tend to initiate AND a lot of guys act desperate. Of course there are just as many women as there are men, roughly, so we have the same options.

• Women have more options, because they get asked out, while a men getting asked out is not very common.

• I say typically women, but me personally I have options. It has to do with how I am I guess though.

• I would say women do, but they also have a tough time finding the right guy. Guy's also have a tough time finding the right women, but they have to try harder than women in order to get a date.

• He does it for free

• From a guy's perspective, women get chased by men a lot.

• Women probably have more options when they are young, like starting at 18 and lasting throughout their 20's, and somewhat early 30's, as for men, depends on how well their social proof is, confidence and charisma, social skills, and when their career is taking off

• before around age 30, women.

after that, men

• @lacosteboy1 men and women are attracted to different things. men have some major qualities which women like which improve with age: confidence, charm, career. women have no qualities which men like which improve with age.

• Passively woman have more options with dating; men approach them everyday

Actively men will have as many options in what he puts in.

In the battle of who has more options in dates, women

• Great answer. Although I think thats very simple. Men are judged by everything, whereas women are judged by one thing: their physical attractiveness. Few women will overlook a man who shows even the slightest weakness, and few men would overlook a fat woman or very unattractive woman

• Oh puh... leeeeease. Of course women do. Derp!