My boyfriend is pulling away. We have a unique situation so I don't know what to do?

I am currently going through a divorce but bc of financial reasons still live with my exhusband. I recently started dating a guy a month ago and we fell head over heels in love with one another. He loves a different city and we don't get to see each other very often. The past few days something changed. I can tell he is pulling away and super distant. His texts have been one to three word responses and he doesn't seem interested in holding a conversation with me like we had been. Today he asked me if things were fizzling out. I told him I didn't want them to and he said he didn't want them to either but that it was really hard on him that i lived in a different city and that I was still living with my soon to be exhusband. I don't know how to handle this situation. It's so stressful and not fun. I do love him but his lack of communication is super hurtful. I don't know if I should just wait for him to reach out to me or if I should tell him that I'm backing off to give him space. I don't want to lose him but it's way too anxiety causing for me to handle it. Should I talk to him about it or just let it go and wait till he calls/texts me.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well the big picture is that you are living w/ your soon to be ex. Despite the circumstances, said situation makes things uneasy for anybody. Distance is the next factor which a fair amount of relationships tend to land on unstable ground cause the commute is so taxing on either or both parties
    You have both declared that you want to make an attempt to be together which is a good sign on both of your parts. If you are both willing to hold out until things improve so that you and independently living on your own, you'll likely see an improvement at that point. It's touchy ground right now. Best of luck

What Guys Said 2

• My situation is a tad similar (maybe a bit different). I met a girl in my home country but then moved to another country. It started off pretty well and hot but then started to frizzle as I knew I couldn't see her much. I would rather find someone closer (its better for us both).

• It sounds as thow he's struggling with the situation

What Girls Said 0