How come men don't like women who like to read or that like to do things for a date other than the typical movies sometimes?

I don't get why it's so complicated just to be your self

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe its where you're finding these men. For example you can't go to the club expecting to find someone that loves to read. Go to the library or to the bookstore to find those sort of men.

What Guys Said 8

• As long as they don'tdon't expect me to be well-versed in books, it can work. But liking Twilight or 50 Shades is a deal breaker.

• I can't believe this thing autocorrected to don'tdon't. Now I look silly. -_-

• They may feel intimidated by your intelligence (or perceived intelligence). They might feel more comfortable doing regular date type things, at least until they get to know you. Reading is a one person activity, I wouldn't say it's crazy for a guy to prefer to do things you can both do together.

• Plenty of men prefer those kinds of women, the problem is that men and women who are like that hav a much harder time meeting each other then say the people who are content to pick up at the bar or simply go out for dinner.

• I never go to the movies for a date, never have. I prefer some tennis or some sort of physical activity, even if it is light.

• I like girls who read and do other things not all guys are the same :))) XD

• I wouldn't have any problems with a girl who loves to read, I like to read myself and then I am able to talk with her about books.

And a movie date is indeed sometimes just boring

• Maybe you're just looking for the right guys in all of the wrong places. I'm sure if you go to a library you will run into a guy that actually likes a woman who reads. I couldn't care less if the girl I like reads but as long as she doesn't expect me to know everything about the books that she reads. I don't mind reading but there is a very specific genre of books that I will read. So, if a girl is reading some sort of romance novel... I don't want to hear her talk about it. If she read a mystery novel, then I would like her to introduce me to the book so I can read it and then after reading it we can talk about it. But romance novels... the genre that most girls are into... I don't want to hear about.

• Most people don't like reading. That's why.

• I don't read, but I am somewhat lazy to do so, and most books don't interest me. I wonder why others don't.

What Girls Said 4

• You are generalizing all men. ALL men are different so some don't like it while others do. Most women who have this problem keep going after the same TYPE of man. If every guy you are interested in turned out to be the same bad choice then it's probably time to consider a different type. I'm a prime example of this. When I was younger I always went after the bad boy because I was hot enough to get him. But drama I always ended up in bad relationships wondering what was wrong with men? When I decided to start dating guys I thought I would normally consider "boring" I started to see a drastic change. I'm totally into real men now that are intellectuals and have careers and want a family. It's just part of growing up.

• Who goes on a date and READS?

• Maybe they aren't that smart themselves. I like to read a lot, and I do tell guys that, but they can also associate it as boring or extremely quiet and not fun if that's all you emphasize about yourself. So I guess it depends on the overall impression you give off. On internet dating I would not advise making that your main focus about yourself.

• So you're saying every single man on this planet doesn't like a girl who reads?