Boyfriend wants other girls' company and says I shouldn't be upset about it?

We've been dating for four months and we are serious, and people know we're couple. But recently I've found out that he often hangs out with other girls one on one, he goes to parks and meals with a girl often, and goes cycling and movie with another girl. He even stays over these girls' and another girl's house, just the two of them and in the same room.

I've talked to him about this and he's upset that I'm jealous about these things. He says he just enjoys their company a lot but he only wants me as his girlfriend, so I shouldn't be jealous. But even though I believe he just wants to stay with me I still find these behaviours really offending, is it my problem being over-jealous, should I just try to be less jealous?

23

Most Helpful Guy

• He is absolutely wrong. He made an obligation to be with YOU not them, he is YOUR boyfriend and NOT THEIRS. If he cannot handle the fact that he is in a relationship now and that this kind of thing is inappropriate as well as upsetting you then he should seriously re-consider if he's ready to make that commitment. Even if it wasn't wrong, it's upsetting you, and as a partner, he needs to cut it out. He's made a promise, and he's skirting the edges, he has absolutely no say in this. You have EVERY RIGHT TO BE JEALOUS! YOU'RE A COUPLE FOR CHRIST'S SAKE! He needs to either stand by his promise or get sacked and hit the road. If he really wants to be with you, and if he understands that his actions are the cause of any consequences, he would regret ever doing it should you break up with him. However, if a break up doesn't phase him one bit, that probably means his "wanting to be with you" either wasn't genuine (and he may not have known it), he was cheating, or some other reason... things like this piss me off, so I'm not telling you to break up with him, just do what you think is most rational AND the right thing to do.

What Guys Said 2

• No way in hell I'd be cool with my girl staying the night at another dudes house. Thatd pretty much be the end of that.

• Will he let you act in a similar fashion?

What Girls Said 2

• Uuuhhhhh if he loved you then he wouldn't be doing that. It's very disrespectful, it's one thing to have friendly aquaintances of the opposite sex but to spend one on one time with them is a no no in most cases. And spending the night together? Forget it. You guys chose to be exclusive to each other and that means he's with YOU. There's no way I would be cool with that and neither would my bf if the shoe was on the other foot.

• He's pushing the limits. It's okay for them to obviously have their own friends, girls, boys, whatever. But it seems to me that he is kind of dating these girls and the part of staying over in the SAME ROOM... girl, wake up.