Why in most couples the man is older than the woman?

Do women have prejudice in dating men who are younger than them? Is this the rule in most cultures?

Most Helpful Girl

• For several reasons, in my opinion:
    1. Men like younger women generally
    2. As men age, they become distinguished, powerful, desirable. As women age, they because less attractive, and less desirable.
    3. Generally men value sexual attractiveness over power or intellect.
    4. Women mature faster then men.
    5. It's difficult for a woman to date a man less intelligent than her, but easy for a man to date a woman less intelligent that she.

There are, of course, many exceptions to this trend. Feel free to disagree with my opinions.

What Girls Said 7

• It's a comfort thing, women seek older more mature men and men most the time seek women who are in need of protecting but sometimes it's also because younger women are easier to train for what a man needs taken care of when it comes to taking care of the house and such, my uncle is married to someone older then him but only by a few months, same with his sister, she's older then her husband but only by a few months. I prefer having a older man because I feel like he can protect and help care for me better and I feel better taking care of his house then a younger persons house plus I i'm more mature then other girls my age because of how I was forced to grow up so younger men tend to make me very frustrated

• Younger woman are easier to train for housework? That's not really how it works. The man typically doesn't 'teach' the woman how to clean or take care of the house. These are skills she learns from the women in her life and from her own experiences living on her own after moving out of the parents house. You aren't even 18 yet, the term 'younger men' doesn't even apply to you because the only guys younger than you are still boys. You've a lot to learn! Many years to get there though :)

• I'm less then 80 days from being 18, I raised my siblings, my birth mother had me trained to be a house keeper and she had me taught how to please men in the bedroom when I was just 6, I'm already taught but what I meant by when a guy trains the women like how he likes the house, where his stuff goes his favorites and such, and i've already moved out of my parents house i've been living with my Fiance since about 4 months ago, so please don't tell me i've got a lot to learn, I can cook lots of different foods, I know how to raise babies, toddlers and children because i've done it and they where not even my kids but I was with them 24/7, our mother didn't do anything to raise them, It was me who changed diapers, fed them, bathed them, got my brother to school and myself, cleaned up the liquor bottles and cigarettes from the floor left from my mom and step dad

• My guy is two and a half years younger than me, my mom is older than my dad and so is my boyfriend's mom older than his dad. Also, my best friend is older than her guy by about two years and her sister has a boyfriend 5 years younger than her. My brother's girlfriend is a few weeks older than him too... I'm not saying it's the norm but it isn't rare. Girls generally mature quicker than boys so girls will often pair up with a guy a few years older as they are similarly matched mentally... of course there is also the reasoning that older men like younger women because they aren't emotionally mature enough for a woman their own age also... lots of different reasons.

• most women prefer mature guys instead of babysitting younger ones

• Men actively seek out younger girls.
    And women are attracted to stability and maturity, so they're more likely to go for older rather than younger

• Well,, Im one of them girls who would like to have an older guy.. I don't know why, I have just always liked older guys.

And most guys like younger girls,, and im not a guy so i can't really answer why Lol

• As a general rule, men desire youth and beauty in a woman, and women desire security and protection from a man. Plus, women mature faster and generally desire commitment at a younger age than men. They also have a biological clock that drives them to find someone to settle down with to reproduce, I don't even think that's something we realize we do, it's part of our unconcious minds. Whereas men don't have a time clock to reproduce so being older does not affect them in that regard (although choosing a younger woman who still has viable years DOES affect them). I'd say there are many reasons why men date younger and women typically date older, but I think a lot of has to do moreover with reproduction at a survival of the species level, than it does with us actually making the concious decision to look for a certain type/age of person.

• My boyfriend is younger than i am

• Although he is more mature than me.

What Guys Said 2

• Because men grow up slower, when i was 18, i wanted to be a bad ass, now i realize that my behaviour back then was childish, but you always have emotionally unstable women who would date losers like that... its kind of pethatic really.

• im younger than my lovely lady... but i act older and look older so im told