Does this make a girl selfish?

If a girl always waits for her boyfriend to say i love you first (not the first time ever, but always even after the first i love you) because she wants to hear him say it, does it make her selfish?

Doesn't it make her selfish because it means she doesn't care about making him feel wanted by telling him she loves him first?

• Yes she is selfish
  • No she isn't

Most Helpful Girl

• I think that being willing to say you love someone and how selfless you are may be relative.
    I rarely say I love you first. I'm admittedly selfish (work in progress).
    The people I know who are selfless also happen to be quick to say I love you.
    That's intriguing because I never thought about that before.

What Girls Said 8

• i wait, not because i'm selfish, but because i know it's impulse to reply with i love you too. it's almost an insecurity thing. However, if there is already a relationship in place and the first i love you has been said, then it should be a shared thing.

• But doesn't that mean he will never know if you truly love him because you only impulsively say "i love you too"

• If a girl says it first she's "clingy" and "needy" so we just sort of wait for you. It's more of a society thing than being selfish.

• Yeah, it should be back and forth so it feels mutual. Otherwise, it will feel one sided. I did that for my ex. Notice why he's an ex

• You did what? wait for him to say it?

• No, i always expressed my love to him. He gave me nothing.

• nope this does not make her a selfish person

• I am a very difficult person. Even if I feel these intense feelings first, I wouldn't express it until he says it first. I guess this makes me childish but I'm very wary of men. I need to know how they feel first before I get vulnerable and leave my heart on the table. I guess this is just a defense mechanism.

• nahh it just gives her security. Its hard to find a guy that is legitimately sincere these days so she's just finding some comfort.

• I don't think selfish is the word for it

What Guys Said 2

• well both view points are valid if it bothers you that much you should mention it to her

• No it does not