At what point does flirting outside your relationship become cheating?

I think it's all based on your intention. If you're flirting but have the intention of it not going anywhere then it's ok. So clearly that would dictate how you flirt and what you say to another attractive person. But where do you draw the line? Do you consider flirting cheating?
If yes, then at what point does it become too much and is just as good as cheating?

Also, what do you consider flirting?

Most Helpful Girl

• I am of the opinion that flirting, no matter how harmless or minor, is cheating.

• So something as minor as a hot girl dressed up for the evening going out. I say "you're looking good in that dress" and she turns back and compliments me on my smile. Then she walks off never to be seen again. Thats flirting, but innocent. You consider that cheating?

• I agree. I did an experiment with my ex once because he thought he wasn't flirting and was just being nice so we put it to the test and I told him I was going to do it and I started talking to guys like that and he soon then realized that the girls he thought he was just being nice to were taking it as flirting. Same with the guys I did it with which he was not too happy about but he finally seen it my way and stopped doing it lol.

• @Kris85 I found that in my situation, that as long as me and my partner both are secure in the relationship there isn't a problem. I can point out a pretty girl and it's not an issue, but I'm also not pointing out every single girl and going out of my way to make her day. There's such thing as too much. You just have to be respectful about it.
      I feel the same with my gf. I know she's going to notice other guys just like I will other girls, but we respect each other enough not to push the boundaries. My gf has complimented other guys and I didn't have a problem.
      She was also on my for most of the night so that could be part of it. My needs were being satisfied

What Girls Said 2

• Personally I consider flirting as a form of cheating. If guys have a problem with me flirting with another guy then they better not do it themselves. Flirting is long hugs (except in very emotional cases such as a family member dying), tickling, flirtacious conversations, being touchie with someone, and putting their lips anywhere on each other. Other people may see it differently, but I have a no flirting around rule.

• Yea, when I'm in a relationship. I cut my flirting down to compliments. And that's it. I'll hug as well, but not elongated like you said. I wouldn't call that flirting cheating, but it's bad because it leads you to wonder if they want to fuck that "friend" of theirs.

• Yeah, I mean compliments are totally okay. As long as its appropriate of course. If someone just looks nice and you wanna tell them, its cool. I don't consider hugging or complimenting flirting. To an extent of course. But then again I guess its pretty much based on what the couple consider flirting or not.

• I consider flirting when you're sexting somebody you treat people the way you want to be treated what do you consider drawing the line at? if you have to go behind your gf back then most likely the dirty deed is cheating especially if she was doing it and you were okay with it

• Nothing like that. Neither of us go behind eachothers back or sexts anyone else but eachother. I'm just curious where people draw the line and what they even consider flirting. Many times when a guy compliments a pretty girl, they see it as just that. Many girls consider that flirting. So thats what the point to the post is, just seeing the line for most people

• I think girls and guys can be friends, so you shouldn't have to tell your partner you're hanging out. As long as if at the end of the day, when they ask what you did today you include that part.

• girls and guys can be friends but if going to hang out with" just a friend" then i would be like hey babe! im going to hang with charlie today! not just go over there and not tell em thats how people lose trust

What Guys Said 2

• Flirting with anyone else becomes 'cheating' (not exactly cheating, but still) the very moment after you enter into an exclusive, committed relationship with someone.

• Agreed. a lot of girls don't seem to feel that way lol

• Yeah, I agree with you on that one! hehe! Girls are so damn complicated to understand!

• I would say cheating starts when you don't want your girlfriend to know about it. When you hide it, it becomes cheating.

• So emotional cheating. Where it clearly looks bad

• Exactly. If you're hiding it from your girl, then something is not okay.