Is he trying to string me along?

My ex contacted me or of the blue. We had a heart to heat conversation where we both expressed that we still had those same feelings for each other. The next day when I texted him and referenced back to that conversation and our mutual feelings he said that he will always care for me and love me but he's not in love with me. I accepted this (since when a guy says things like that he means it) but now I am confused as to why he would even contact me. He and I have been broken up for a year and I am trying to move forward with my life but when we talked on the phone and he said he still had strong feelings for me and still loved me he got my hopes up.

We only broke up because I transferred colleges and the distance was too much of a burden. Should I just ignore him after this? I want to move on with my life.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think he's stringing you along. He's simply confused if he still has feelings for not. usually this is a clear indication that he still has feelings, because if he didn't, then he wouldn't be confused about it.

What Guys Said 1

• A good chance he was just lonely and thought back to his last relationship with you.

What Girls Said 1

• I think he's jusy peobay confused but at the sametime remembering good times he had with you... But at thw same time is protecting his feelings for the chance it won't work out with the distance thing. So he is saying he loves u but ist in love... Hope this makes sense x