Thoughts about loving someone you never physically met?

Used Skype and texting/calling.
Just looking for opinions, because I think I have.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's important in such situation to have as soon as possible to meet in real

What Guys Said 1

• use to date a girl I met online, didn't even meet her in real life even tho I planned to go see her she lives in Romania, and I live in America so it didn't really work out

What Girls Said 1

• I'll be frank.

This happened to me. I was crazy about him. We meshed on a deep level, and were able to have endless conversations. After a year and a half we met.

I can't hide that I was disappointed. Skype and photos were not true to his appearance. Still, I put that aside because of his personality.

We dated for about 5 months. The reality was that the connection that was there online wasn't there in real life. I forced it, but I couldn't pretend that we could work beyond friendship.

• how can Skype not be true to his appearance? Genuine question, I'm curious.

• thanks! thats what i'm really afraid of, he lives pretty far away and we've been talking almost constantly for a year now

• Flattering angles, dimensions appeared different, etc. I don't really know @Levin lol.

@ Asker just he prepared for possible disappointment