Guys, do you get offended if a girl says she'll pay for her own meal on a date? Girls, would you get offended if he didn't get the bill for you?

I find the whole "guys pay for girls" thing a bit sexist and I've always paid for my own meals as I'm a working girl capable of going dutch. When in a relationship, I understand taking turns getting the bill as I would do that all the time but I'm curious, do you like paying for a girl all the time or would you prefer splitting it? Or taking turns who pays for which date? Thoughts? I know some girls say they NEVER pay for a date but I think this is a bit unfair for men.

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't be offended, but I would wonder if it was because she didn't like me. A lot of women are more likely to pick up her end of the bill if she doesn't like the guy, so that she doesn't feel like she owed him anything. If it wasn't for that it wouldn't bother me. Ideally I would like to be able to treat her some of the time, and have her treat me other times, without either of us keeping score of how much either of us is paying.

What Guys Said 3

• my girl pays for her own stuff all the time, hell she even pays for me sometimes lol. Not offended one bit.

• No not at all. I don't mind though paying for the girl at first, but if it becomes serious like we are living together I want her to help me on my house bills after all its fair right?

• I would never be offended for anything like that.

What Girls Said 1

• For me, they who asks is they who pays. if i suggest we go get milkshakes, i would get the bill. And if they ask me on a date, but want/need me to pay for half, i would get a little upset unless they had told me before we had gone out/ordered/made plans/