I made my boyfriend jealous and now he won't talk to me?

I've never been in a relationship before and I have no idea how I'm suppose to act. I've been seeing this guy for a few weeks now an he's absolutely perfect! While I was inboxing him on Facebook I received an inbox from a guy asking me out. I rejected him and told my boyfriend about it. My boyfriend was asking me for screenshot because I was complaining about how cheesy the other guy was. I asked my boyfriend to save me from him and he playfully told me to save myself. Since we we're playing around I thought it would be a smart idea to tell him that if he won't save me I'll start to flirt with the other guy. We continued to playfully text each other but then I made the mistake by saying that I'll ditch him for the other guy. I was joking but now when I look back on it I regret it. My boyfriend took it seriously and he was extremely upset. Even though I think he's amazing he is very insecure and I should know that more then most people. He confronted me and explained that what I said hurt his feeling an that he is extremely upset. When I told him it was a joke he said that he 'fucking hates me right now. 😔

I've never been good at expressing my feelings or telling people how I feel. I have no idea how to make it up to him! He isn't even talking to me. Can someone please help me?

To make it worse he did save me. He messaged the other guy and told him to back off.

Most Helpful Girl

• Being that you're a Newbie to the Relationship Reality world, sweetie, learn by this valuable lesson in love: To save your 'Act', your current love life that you are just getting to know, Don't Kiss your cutie in one instant then-----Tell him about ditching him for another, even if it is to call his bullheaded bluff.
    The bottom line is... Let sleeping dogs lie, no need to stir them.. This means in lamen's terms Keep certain things to yourself with a Current, for it can cause toil and trouble and stir up a bees next, where he starts to put his stinger in your Bees wax, as you see-------He messaged the other guy and told him to back off.
    This will 'Save' the day and what he doesn't know, won't hurt him.
    Have a long talk with him when he is over his hissy fit. If he really cares about you, which I am sure he More than does, he will let bygones be bygones.
    However, one can go overboard with the 'Jealousy' jargon, and if you see that it is a big problem in the future, then have second thoughts of sticking around and always having to be in the doghouse with him.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 12

• Go out of you way, leave your comfort zone, and express yourself. Men are not indestructible. Like women, we sometimes need reassurance. And in the future, don't play that game. Even the strongest of men can be irreparably damaged by those we choose to let in; loyalty never makes a good joke because it's almost always in question.

• So basically he's insecure for being upset at you for saying you want to ditch him for the other guy. I don't know what kinda stuff you been taking girl but give me that stick up my ass confidence booster I want it. This was your fault not his don't start saying he's insecure he clearly just likes you and has feelings and you went way too far to say something like that to a guy.

A joke is one thing, saying you're going to ditch your boyfriend for another guy isn't really a joke or something to joke about.

Anyways you want to make it up to him you need to stop blaming him and blame yourself and realize that was a mistake he will get over it but I respect him for at least telling the guy to back off he has feelings for you and likes you a lot where he doesn't want to lose you. You should be glad he messaged him back and you should be saying sorry to him not telling him it was a joke.

• If you cannot express yourself , they make words your weapon , speak in a manner that you melt his heart. For example - 'OK I am sorry for whatever happened , I screwed up , but please do not act like this when I want to talk to you that I start hating myself'. Talk politely and slow and low pace.

• Now you dun fucked up. Get ahold of him and talk with him IN PERSON. Apologize and explain EVERYTHING to him (don't asume he knows something. Tell it anyway).
    That's all you can do really.

• LOL, what a dumb guy. You two were obviously joking around, and considering the context of the story was about how you rejected that guy, it seriously makes no sense why your douchebag territorial boyfriend would make such a big deal out of nothing.

• Guess you learned an important, tough life lesson.

• You should just apologize and say you're sorry. He's probably gotten hurt by girls in the past judging by his reaction.

• he really likes you and you just "hit em in the face"

• I don't understand why beautiful girls like to break hearts of their boyfriends

• Yeah you've really ballsed up here.

If I was the dude, I'd ditch you and I'd find a decent girl.

• People are going to accidentally cross a line and hurt the person they are dating once in a while. Guys have our insecurities, just like women do. He has a right to be upset about this, but how he decides to handle it will determine what kind of man he is. Something this small shouldn't destroy the relationship, but you are young, so your boyfriend my not be mature enough to handle even something this tiny. It isn't a reason to hate you, he is just over reacting.

Other than just talking to him and asking him to forgive you, there isn't much you can do. He might just need a little time to get over it.

• White Knight Syndrome

What Girls Said 1

• say you were just playing, he doesn't need to be upset becausw you really love him and stuff :)