I'm just too scared and nervous to ask this girl out, what can I do?

There is this girl I like who works at a store I frequent. She's pretty and we have stuff in common but I just get too scared when I want to ask her out. I think I'm still scared because of high school as long ago as it was. There was a girl in my classes who would constantly make fun of me for being a geek and a loser. This other girl, whom I like, isn't mean and she is a geek girl too, but I just can't shake the thought that I'm just a geek and loser like in high school. She just had a birthday and I couldn't even give her a gift because I got so scared, it's just sitting in my truck. I just don't know what to do.

Most Helpful Girl

• I understand these feelings completely. I used to have horrible self-confidence issues and it's very hard to overcome them. The only way you really can is to take action; make a move. Take a chance or else you will never know. Leave high school in the past and try to keep your mind in the present. If she wasn't at least interested in being your friend or more than that she wouldn't keep talking to you. So if I were you I'd just go for it!

What Girls Said 5

• Read my virtual lips: High school doesn't matter! Since i've graduated i have realized none of the cliques/sterotypes really mean anything. You are free of that place, stop letting that one bitch get in the way of your self confidence and your life. I am a cashier myself, and i think she wouldn't make fun of you, or call you a geek, or anything like that. You need to just live in the moment grow some balls and cross your fingers. Literally nothing will happen if you don't try. Good luck friend :)

• write her a note on a piece of paper, this is cute and i guess she would like it, i would be happy if sb wrote me a note asking me out, if she accepted it you got what you want if she didn't then you have a closer and would stop thinking about it, either ways its good for you, and since you say she is not mean this way i dont think she will make fun of you, even if you are a geek you can be cute.. write her a note say would you go out with me and write your number or just write the question and see what is her reaction

• Muster up every shred of courage that you have and ask her out.

• You have NO idea how sexy it is when a guy asks a girl out. It's SO frustrating when the girl has to make all the effort.

• I agree with nat008. Your highschool life is over. Think bout the present. Your highschool life is nothing mate
    The beginning of your true journey is after highskool. Trust me. And make the most of it please so you won't make more regrets
    I've been in a similar situation. i think u just need to improve on being more open to people around you. If u can just do that in general, this will help. Just little by little. If can do that, this will be great in helping you in building your self confidence.

What Guys Said 2

• Then do without her. Trash the gift or give it to someone else, sell it. You will live without her for the rest of your life unless you make a move.

• phhh, its a great thing you're a geek. plus, you're probably not a loser, but others are jealous of you. live through high school with GOOD grades and you'll get far. people who prioritize popularity will never get far in life in terms of financial things, because after high school, its all seriousness in college and after that, onto job life