Is a single rose a good idea for a gift on a first date?

I don't want to come off to strong but I really like this girl. I'm super excited and nervous.

Most Helpful Guy

• A rose might be a bit much. How about just show up and be charming?

• Alright thanks brotha... how do i be charming. I've onle ever been on a 1st date once with my last girlfriend and we dated for 5 years so im a little rusty on first dates.

• Haha i can't jerk off unless i do it at work lol. I'm taking a shower at work then heading out because i can't get out of work early. Thanks for the advise tho helps a lot.

• Man, you always gotta get the poison out first...

What Girls Said 9

• That would be so thoughtful and romantic! I would love it. :)
    But it depends on the girl. I'm a completely old fashion, hopeless romantic. I love the "Ted Mosby" type of guys who aren't afraid of affection, or aren't afraid to show their affection.
    Some girls hate that, I don't know why, but they do. My friend is like that, her ex was so cute and romantic. And by cute I mean he'd randomly give her flowers, write her poems, send her chocolates. I thought it was wonderful, but she said it was a bit much.
    So it can be a hit or miss, depends totally on the girl. I think I'd instantly find you like 10x more attractive if you did that on the first date. Bold and thoughtful, considering in today's technology era where people are so rude and distant.
    You make the call on what kind of girl she is and good luck! :)

• yeah i got her the rose anyway and gave it to her at the end, i wasn't going to give it to her if the date went bad but it was super fun and we have been hanging out and i really like her. I ]'m a little confused though, we are about to go out on date 3 dose this mean she is my girlfriend?

• It depends on what you're doing for the date as she will have to carry it the whole time, and also if both of you are aware it is a date (it happened to me once, and I wasn't ware of it...)
    It's a nice thought, but I think it would be better on a second date. Just buy her an ice-cream or something else on the first date. Something simple.

• Yes its a good idea... For me, it's a sign of being thoughtful.. as long as you present it with no awkwardness, its all good :) just be yourself and don't be too conscious about your moves or if what she'll think.. Act naturally.. :) Good luck on your first date.. :)

• I would be totally flattered if I was given a rose on a first date. I'd say go for it.

• yeah its nice but too cliche

• Sounds a little old fashioned to me.
    Just saying.

• very nice gift :)

• Second date , with a single rose is great, not first oh but dont forget to wear your suit and tie

• No need for the rose.

What Guys Said 4

• It isn't a bad idea. But I think it is better to wait until like the 4th date. Then buy her a single rose and write on the card " Since I met you my dreams envy my reality" then I add something like " i hope to become your best hello and your hardest goodbye, you are already mine." I have only done it with one woman since I started dating again but she liked it...

• Yes, it is a great idea!

Don't come off too strong, then XD Hand it to her in a gentlemanly manner, with confidence, but also with a sweet smile.

• Well now i don't know what to do getting a lot of opinions lol its just that i have a big ass rose garden at my house and all the roses are gunna die soon because of the weather. I also have a lot of other flowers should i get a flower thats not a rose?

• Do you really like her? A rose is beautiful. It can show that as a man, you understand that even though she is beautiful to her, she can have thorns, and that you will treat her with respect. To me, a rose is the best. She will be absolutely flattered with it.

• well whats she gonna do with it the rest of the date?

• I don't know what we are doing on the date we were supposed to get coffee today but it got cancel so we are gunna hangout after i get off work on Saturday so i was thinking going out for drinks but i dont know yet.

• Yeah, definitely it would be a good gift. But you can go further and be more individual ;) You can also present her something that is small yet cute and memorising. Look for some watch or coffee mug. Something she will use often. Search the internet for such gift ideas. There are tons of them, I like designer gifts from http://www.jeezdesign.com and http://www.momastore.org/ I like to buy cool presents for friends and family there. Good luck, man!