How to get the attention of a girl you like?

There is a girl I like, she works at a locally owned video store. I have asked her out in the past and she said yes to going on a date with me. The night of the date she called me and canceled. She said " I don't wanna lead you on, I'm just not ready to date right now and I'm sorry". I told her it was okay and not to be sorry, but it really hurt me emotionally. I still really like her and we are even friends on facebook. I've thought about sending her a message but I don't want to be creepy. What should I do in this situation?

Most Helpful Guy

• Do nothing, she made her opinions clear. Stay her friend if you want but as I always say, and you know, guys are never "just friends" with girls. Be prepared to be "Friendzoned" by her though.

What Girls Said 1

• If you still want to see her, just try hanging out with her without any of the dating pressures. She might really need the space. Maybe she just got out of a relationship. After those times we all need our space, so maybe she was just trying to keep a little distance so she wouldn't hurt your feelings. That doesn't mean she's not at all interested; it just means she needs to sort out her own stuff before she can bring another person into the mix.

What Guys Said 1

• What the MothMan said - it hurts, but move on to another girl.