What do guys think of geeky girls?

i love lord of the rings or any movie with dragons or aliens i like to think one day i might become an elf :P but do guys prefer girly girls i am not really girly i just dont really like romantic movies or partying or shopping do guys get turned of by this

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 18

• I ADORE women that are themselves!! Maybe they are 'quirky', maybe 'nerds', whatever!!! JUST BE YOU, WITH CONFIDENCE!!! The guy you want is going to ADORE you for YOU!!!
    Some guys might like your 'Nerdiness' or 'Geekiness' but not be confident enough to go to Star Trek Conventions, in costume, even though they adore you, and your confidence in that!!
    BE YOU, and help him find his own, compatible 'GEEK'!
    Maybe you are a 'smart geek' type!! That's the same kind of good!! Find someone that likes what you like, and be 'Geeks' together!!
    Being Smart/Geek/Nerdy is almost like the 'Fad', now!!

• I don't know if guys would be 'turned on' be a girl having 'geek' interests, but a lot of guys most definitely like, often to the point of preference, girls with those interests. I love it, personally. Also, on a site like this, the subset of guys you will find here will probably skew pretty strongly into the 'pro-geek' camp, so I think it's pretty safe to assume you will get a lot of positive support.

Just, keep in mind that while interests help, they don't trump personality. You can be into geeky things and still be a royal bitch. You can be into shopping and romantic movies and be the sweetest, most caring person. So, a geeky personality is 100% a-ok for guys that also like those things, and if your personality is good, you will not have a problem finding guys that are interested in you. For guys that do not have any of those interests, your enjoyment of dragons will not carry any weight.

• Let's be honest, we're ALL geeky or dorky in our own little ways.

For example, I don't get all crazy about L. O. T. R. and I don't geek out over fantasy flicks, but I do geek out big time over tea and indie coffee. It's all relative, basically; we're all geeks.

In a girl, I just want her to have things that she likes, and to share them with me. Some of it will be geeky, but that's part of the fun.

• not going to lie it shocked me about the L. O. T. R thing but moving on i like the fact u believe every one is geeky which is true and a good way to put it so thanks for ur help

• girly girls are a pain in the ass... and of course it's not a turn-off. better be geeky

• If she's real cute I can date her but I like women that are tough and dont crack under presure

• its u!! lol thanks for ur help ;D

• No if it means once they get you alone you are just as geeky about sex lam sure that's great.

• nerdy girls seems to be more compatible than average women because they have more things and interests in common with men than people realize. first, most nerdy girls love video games. second, nerdy girls get rejected almost as much as men and more than the average woman. I can't speak for every men but some men love when a woman is being a woman and some love it when a woman is more like a man in terms of interest.

• Nerdy = interesting.

Interesting > looks

sources: math

• You don't have to live up to some marketable gender stereotype to get guys. Be yourself. That is insanely attractive.

• thats what i was worried about because when i was with my boy friend he use to get mad at me for knowing more about lord of the rings than he does lol but thanks for ur help

• The fact that you lol'd at him getting angry. Reminded me of a geeky woman I used to know.

• well i am glad it made u smile :) and i hope it is a good thing

• You sound amazing. If I could find a girl that wanted to watch movies like that and play video games instead of shopping and watching the notebook, I'd be the happiest person in the world

• haha thanks i think u will!! and thanks for ur help :)

• I'd like to hope so. Don't be self conscious though was my main point :) You're perfectly fine the way you are

• aw thanks i won't be u made a very good point so thank u

• As a huge LOTR fan and gamer myself, I do believe there are many many guys who are into geeky girls. It's just that they often stay cooped up in their houses and glued to whatever fantasy or escape they have as well. This gives "geeks" in general awfully little presence in the mainstream social scene, causing them to be ostracized and frowned upon. There really is nothing wrong with geeks. I love geeky girls. They've their own sense of attractiveness.

• You sound fine to me.

• You sound awesome.

• Pretty cool... yeaaaa

• if you look like a well dressed average girl to it (or higher) you got dis

• lol k thanks for helping i think i dress average :)

• I dress better as some girls do.. I would kinda feel like the girly one if people compared me towards those tomboys

• If they are young, clean and love butt sex, hell yes!

• don't mind them...

• I think it's more than that: Looks come in to the equation, as does personality.

• well i am funny looking like the hulk ;) jk but yeah i thank that is a good point and very true thanks for ur help ;)

• I just noticed I didn't even answer your question at all.
      I like girls who I can chat with about mutual interests: games, music, etc.

• haha thanks i agree its good to have the same interests :)

What Girls Said 4