My guy friend and I are looking to be more than friends, but after plans for a date said "We should stay friends until after college." Translate?

We have been friends for 4 years.

• Makes sense, we need to focus on our work.
  • He just straight lied to you girl.. He don't wanchu.
  • He wants to but isn't ready.
If this helps put the situation into context, he isn't going to school, I am. And I am 3 hours away. His last relationship was long-distance and ended badly. He and I have been best friends for 4 years, and we've now just talked about dating.

Most Helpful Guy

• Wow, that's a shitty thing to say. That pretty much is saying "I will settle for you if I don't find anything in college, but I am going to go out and try to bang all the college tail I can and keep you in the wings until I'm done."

That doesn't sounds like he wants you, it sounds like he will settle for you if nothing works out.

I would imagine that this will be the type of guy who will end up getting extremely jealous too if he ended up striking out his entire first year and you ended up sleeping with a bunch of hot awesome guys. But would think nothing if you he slept with a bunch of girls while you struck out.

Proceed with caution.

What Guys Said 1

• depends on if he parties in college and is popular, or is a straight-A student who only studies

What Girls Said 1

• He wants to bang college girls and not be tied down to one right now.