Would you date a guy in the military?

Would you date them knowing the could leave if there's a war? Also, should you even bother trying to be in a relationship if you're in the military. I'm an infantryman and a bud told me we have an 86% divorce rate so that's not good. So do you even bother then?

Most Helpful Girl

• i would, if i loved him so much, it wouldn't make a difference, not dating him is just as bad as him going. I would have the same feeling, i would still always be thinking about them if we're in a relationship or not, it really depends on how you feel about them. I don't know if that made sense but yeah

• It did. Thats sweet of you as well. A lot of people don't even wanna try so I'd applaud your effort

What Girls Said 7

• I would and have (very briefly). It sucks when they're gone and all, but I wouldn't rule a guy out because of that.

• I definitely would. I love servicemen. I send care packages overseas and have a few pen pals. There's always that worry of something bad happening, but he still deserves love and happiness. A strong woman will accept everything that her man deals with. Anything can happen to anybody at any time. You don't have to be in the military for something bad to happen to you so why dwell on it or run away from military men.

• I would not. I would date someone who has already left the military... but not while he's in the military. I'd be worried all the time.

• Fair enough. Just sucks being lonely. That seems to be the common thing a lot of girls say

• We can't have it all. Job or a life. Most pick the job and yeah. A lot of guys really need it when they get back. Some guys just keep deploying because they don't know anything else and it's sad

• Yeah, I've heard about the chronic deployers :/ They can't fit in at home anymore... but they feel okay in really horrible places... It's so sad. Plus the whole PTSD situation. I don't know how people do it...

• I have but there's a lot that goes into a military or uniform relationship. When you date someone you know has a high risk job you have to acknowledge the danger they face and if you know they genuinely love what they do you have to look at it from the pov that if they didn't come home that night they did what they loved. When you look at the 86% you have to think beyond the job itself like ptsd, substance abuse, time apart etc. Don't just say relationships are a no.

• No I hate distance.

• Yes. If we both love each other then why not. But yeah I'll be worried about him when he's in the field. :)

• No. I don't do long distance and seperation. I couldn't deal with that. It takes a strong person to be able to do that

• Yeah i feel ya. That's why I don't wanna put anyone in that position. It's not right to do so

What Guys Said 1

• I imagine being in the military is a lot like being a truck driver only the stays are a lot longer and it's a lot more dangerous.