Is a 3 year age gap too much?

I'm super close with a guy about 3 years older than me. We're friends, but I know that we both possibly feel something more. Is a 3 year age gap - between a 9th grader and Senior - too large? The guy is super mature and kind, so personality wise it's like we're the same age, though.

Most Helpful Girl

• Girl, 3 years is nothing! But it also depends on his maturity. My boyfriend is 6years apart from me. I'd met my bf when i was 20. But the relationship worked well. From the beginning, I'd never studied with him at uni or highschool. So the circumstances are different from yours. B/c your from highskool, u might grow too attached n find change very difficult for you once he leaves.
    It doesn't mean u shouldn't date him
    Just go with the flow! wateva comes, comes. You're so young so dont miss out. It may be a beautiful and fun journey for you

Stay beautiful!

What Guys Said 5

• I've been w/ a girl who was 5 years older than me... Age really doesn't mean anything (circumstances pending)

• It's not but it depends on how old you both are. If you are 13 and he's 16, yes, it might be too big..

• 3 years isn't a lot.

• 3 years means nothing. Be careful though there could be legal considerations in the differences.

• How many years between your parents? Grand parents? Just don't get attached. No such thing as love at your age. But have fun and learn what you are looking for. Fyi, he will be a junior in college when you are graduating HS.

What Girls Said 3

• It's not that big of a gap, but it's a big step. To get involved with a senior. This is his year to experiment in so many ways. Is he going to college, how would you feel if you guys started something up and he went off to college. It would hurt even more. Also college has a lot of girls

• Well here in Australia, he goes to University for 4 years. He has about 6 weeks left of school and he graduates, but we have promised to keep in touch, even though he says he might not be able to talk as much as we do currently. I understand that he will experience a different environment and meet different people, including girls, who are his age too. Thankyou for your insight anyway.

• i personally think 3 years is perfect

• It's not rare or weird.