A pretty face or a hot body?

Everyone knows personality matters in dating. But as far as just looking for a girl, set aside the fact about personality for a minute. What do guys look for more? A pretty face or a hot/nice body?

• Face
  • Body

Most Helpful Guy

• I voted body, but I'll give my standard answer which is:

10 face 8 body is better than 8 face 10 body.

7 body 4 face is better than 4 body 7 face.

Basically, it's most important to have an 'okay' body that's basically sexually attractive. Once you're body is desirable, face matters more. Given the average westerner by age 30 is looking like a small whale, even below average looking people who take reasonable, though not obsessive, care of their body and groom well can be above average looking compared to their age-group peers.

• I think both 7 face and 4 body/4 face 7 body are equally undesirable. Well i dont know what you see as a 4 but for me thats just not good. For me both have to be somewhat attractive ie 5 or better. Girls with an ok body are a dime a dozen. It just takes a certain level of diet/exercise. It's facial aesthetics that makes the difference.

• @Bandit74 I'm not sure I disagree with you. The main point I was actually trying to make is that among average to below average people doing the simple things to get a decent body will actually make you MUCH more attractive, more than having lucked into a slightly better face (which should be seen as good news for people hoping to do so). But going from kind of attractive to very attractive is primarily about face, and going from a pretty good to slightly better body doesn't matter much.

• Ok so I guess we agree. I might have just misunderstood what you were originally trying to say.

What Guys Said 22

• Definitely face. I wouldn't want an obese girl but I'd rather have a girl with above average face and an average body over the reverse scenario. Plus most body flaws can be fixed through exercise. For me its all about the eyes. Beauty does fade but a persons eyes mostly remain the same. Sure skin sags but the shape and color of their eyes dont change too much, looking in their eyes at 40 will be the same as looking in their eyes at 20. So if I fins a girl with beautiful eyes her beauty won't fade.

• her face... because you can work out the body, you can't... work out a face.

• If you've got one really good and one really bad, you're not attractive. For me, an 8/10 overall or higher is hot, with face accounting for 60% of physical attractiveness and body accounting for 40%. So if a girl has a 7 body she needs an 8.5-9 face to be hot.

• Face, because it's what you're always looking at.

• There's only so much you can do to your face, but your body can be transformed through diet and exercise. So a pretty body will always cancel out an average face. Although in certain conditions where she has a pretty body, but an ugly face than it gets harder to decide.

• Of the two, I'd go for a butterface.

• Pretty face. Body you can work on, face you have for life.

• That's cheating!

• well saying 'i'd pick the face because it's easier to fix the body'.

That's true theoretically, but sort of dodges the question of which matters more to you. It's also not that often true in practice, while some people will turn things around and get in shape, most out of shape people are going to look worse in 5 years, not better.

• I see what you're saying. But still the face is still more important to me, as long as the body is not horrendous. I'l definitely take a good face with an average body, over an average face with a good body.

• Her face is way more important

• a tall big amazon body

• I'd take medium on both before trying to be attracted to someone with a really unattractive face or body. Even if she had the other one rockin'.

• cute face always :D

• I'd go for the body too (in reality for both, though. Silly choices.). Dating doesn't mean I need to work towards a relationship, right?

• I will speak for all the so call "Nice Guys" here who doesn't wanna make themself look bad.
    Nice body for guy is to fawk in da butt but perrty face for long term since u can stare at her nonstop. All day everyday right ma insecure fellas?

• Some of both. Simply cannot go for opposite extremes of both.

• A dude that puts more importance on body is an idiot. Period...

• Body a face can be fixed with make up.

But a body well that really depends on what you like.

• LOL love your comment! so "in your face" to those who say only body can be fixed.

• A body "fixing" is a little more permanent than make up though you can always try too hard and not be seen without it...

• @bubble_tea @dipta Yeah I don't think those people know much about plastic surgery.

• Body...

And looks matter, it's not a subjective point IMHO...

To many it's a balance, but then very few go either extreme.

• for me it come like this ( personality , face , hair , body )

• Pretty face.

• I would choose face, because you can sculpt your body by working out and improve it in most cases.

But if that wasn't an option, the body cannot be terrible, it at least has to be sorta fit. Like maybe her boobs are more on the flat side but her ass is still kinda there. Definitely not fat.

• Face , it's easy to change the body if it's fat etc harder to change the face

• Definitely a cute face

What Girls Said 8

• Most guys I think go for the body. That's also what you catch them staring into, rarely your face.
    Unless they've a crush or they're in love with you - very different from just "dating".

Even if you don't have a very beautiful face, make up can do wonders. Again, most guys don't know the difference. Or just don't care.

• Well its hatd to stare eye to eye

• Well, most guys do the upward body check; they only reach your face and eyes if the body was approved, haha...
      To be fair, there are guys who love faces too \(^o^)/

• If you want to go extreme; a woman could have the most beautiful face the world has ever seen but if she looks like a ham joint, has cottage cheese thighs and a serious case of cellulite around her giant mass. Men (who aren't fat fetishists) will always pick a butter face with a 10 body.

Now if you picn thin toned butterface, against an overweight (10-15lbs over) woman with a gorgeous face then you'd have a more even split.

But since you didn't specify how either person looked other than "A pretty face or a hot/nice body?" I decided I would answer both possibilities.

• I care about the face like 38293874x more than the body. He doesn't have to have the body of freakin Thor.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/nvDGwVxn_UM/hqdefault.jpg

Also, that means his boobs would be bigger than mine, no thank you.

• What a precise ratio haha
      Ooh, I finally get why he's so popular! I don't care that they are bigger than mine lol nom nom nom

• @bubble_tea

I see, graciasss ^-^

• De nada ;)

• Face. The body is an easy fix compare to the face.

• I have a feeling that most virgins will say face and most non-virgins will say body.

• Interesting perspective :))

• haha what a tactless answer.
      lets say if id choose between beauty and brain, i would choose brain. Damn how disappointing... tsktsk...

• I don't have time to research the stats now but I will look into later. But the lion lady did no change her eye shape in a positive way. She looks like a freak. The shape of your eyes are determined by your ocular bones and you can't safely and non invasivly change your bone structure.

• Face all the way. I've seen guys with hot bodies and ugly faces, and it's just a big no. Lol

• I'm lightweight a gym rat... So if your body isn't in shape then it tells me a little about you pretty faces can only go so far especially if you have a nasty body I mean haven't you seen girls/guystake great pics of there face and then crop out there body and when you meet up with them there fat! Total turn off

• Face for sure.

• I choose face too! Like this one girl, I don't know much of her body but her face is gorgeous! She has the sweetest voice and the most adorable laugh. She is kinda shy about me making her blush but that just makes her so much more attractive!!

Do you think I would stand a chance with her - not caring about her body (although I think its amazing) - do you think she would consider a guy like me?

• hahaha why wouldn't she? :P

• Maybe because I sound abit Gay right now? :p