Army Rangers? Any input on dating a former Army Ranger?

The title pretty much asks the questions...
I am curious because I am looking of personality traits I should be aware of. This man told me he was sent into the service about seven years ago as a alternative as jail but he won't disclose what made him face jail time...

Army Ranger 75th regiment...
Any advice on dating a former ranger?

Prison* He was almost eighteen I believe.

Most Helpful Guy

• That doesn't sound right. The Army has a recruitment policy about this:

"Applicant who, as a condition for any civil conviction or adverse disposition or any other reason through a civil or criminal court, is ordered or subjected to a sentence that implies or imposes enlistment into the Armed Forces of the United States is not eligible for enlistment.."

Even if he COULD enlist in the Army, he would need a Secret clearance for the Rangers. That requires a background check that includes all kinds of stuff. You could be denied just for being in too much debt. An arrest and trial would certainly disqualify him.

The fact that he isn't sharing too much details should be a red flag. People impersonate Rangers, Green Berets, Navy SEALs etc ALL THE TIME. Especially to girls because it sounds impressive if they go for the men in uniform.

What's sad is that they can claim everything is "classified information" if someone tries to call them out on it, and they typically don't get challenged until someone who was actually an operator steps up. I knew an active Navy guy who said he was a SEAL just so he could cheat on his wife. When he'd visit his mistress for a weekend, he would tell his wife he was going on a secret training and couldn't say anything more, and she believed it.

There are websites where former members of those groups expose them, as well as databases of every graduate of those special op training programs. If you are determined to find out what he's really about, I'm sure you could go to one of those sites, provide a name and they can confirm or deny if he really was a Ranger. Chances are he's not if his story doesn't make sense from the start. Most impersonators can construct a believable lie.

• Understandably. I do believe in high time of the war with Iraq, however, they did recruit and allow it as an alternative to serving time. I believe him on this. It has been confirmed in other ways other than verbally.

• After reading about the army waivers in the court system I am assuming he had some sort of aggravated assault chargers as a teen or burglary. Regardless, definitely provides insight as too what it may be...

What Guys Said 4

• Don't judge him based on the fact that he was a Ranger, judge the fact that the only reason he was in the army was to avoid prison time.

• And if he wo to disclose the cause of his legal problems to you, then it must be something bad and worth hiding. In other words, MAJOR red flag.

• If he won't*

How long have you been with him?

• About 3-4 months now. Just getting to that point where I need to decide to walk away or to stay and allow feelings to grow.

• Army Rangers, landed on Normandy during WWII, the movie Blackhawk down or book, that whole conflict was the army rangers. My hats off to them for there service. Personality traits will vary depending on the person, not what he does for obvious reasons.

• I've heard of that. This guy I went to high school with was in a gang and kept getting into trouble. Then once he got arrested after robbing a 711. He got joining the army as an alternative and he's still in almost 10 years later. I guess people can change. Or maybe he just likes shooting people?

• I know the person I am with mentioned that there is a thrill that comes with killing people. Lol wow... As I say that a huge red flag comes flashing in front of me. "bad people". I just wish I knew of some traits to run off of as far as knowing what to expect.

• Rangers tend to be cocky, smart, and alert. thats just a few of them. Rangers come with all sorts of traits. if you have any other questions regarding Rangers, feel free to PM me.

What Girls Said 0