Is underage dating ok if approved by parents?

sooo im 19 and I meet a girl and she was perfect months went by and we was fallin for each other hard then she tell me she 14(whatta bomber) her mom said it was ok for the relationship so did other family members would it still be ok to carry out a relationship

• no
  • yes

Most Helpful Guy

• it sounds bad but in reality it could be completely normal and fine.

What Girls Said 8

• Thaaaaaat is disturbing. Look, 5 years of age difference is no biggie in many relationships. Two people can build a solid relationship with greater age differences.

That, however, is not the case in teenage relationships.

You have to understand that each year between 0 and 20 is a GIGANTIC leap in one's physical, mental and emotional development. I can barely recognize myself in what I've written two or three years ago! I thought I was smart and mature back then, and for my age I actually wasn't that dumb, but nonetheless I've transformed into a different beast altogether. There's a reason why some people call the time from 13 to 18 years old a "formative" period. It's a friggin' mess of hormones!

What I'm trying to say is, give her some time if you really care. Two to three years, perhaps... You're at completely different stages in life and there's no way in hell you two will find a whole lot of common ground. Oh, and also, you're an adult man in his prime. I refuse to believe you'll keep yourself from doing ANYTHING sexual to her for the next 2 to 4 years (depends on what's the age of consent where you live; in the US it's usually 16 through 18). You're too old for Romeo & Juliet laws (or equivalent) to apply, so that could spell some serious problems should you give in to temptation.

My best advice is to find someone closer to your age, say, 17 or 18. As I've said, EVERY year is an enormous leap for a teenager in every area of life.

• No, definitely not okay on any level. 14 and 19 is a huge age difference maturity wise. She is what a freshman in high school? And you are out of high school and in college. That is two completely different worlds. She is still a child you are an adult. Act like an adult and tell her this situation is not okay. And if you say no no she is mature for her age, just think about the fact that 2 years ago she was probably still sleeping with stuffed animals and playing barbies.

• No, her having shitty parents doesn't make the situation okay.

• I'm gonna say yes BUT be careful. You really can't do anything physical till she's older or you could get into trouble, but as long as you aren't doing anything with her like that its fine:)

• NO! She is a child, some girls don't even bleed at that age. It's like a 7th grader, and you're almost 20!

• First off her mother is a terrible parent. Second. Are you sure you're 19? You type like a 10 year old. Third, You are a pedophile. She is just a baby. You're 19. You're an adult. Just ew.

• that's disgusting.

• Did the girl even get her period for crying out loud?
    I would not go through with it.

What Guys Said 4

• There are no laws against underage dating. There are laws around underage sex. Generally parental consent can't excuse you from the latter.

So it depends what you mean by 'dating' and 'relationship'. And the age of consent laws where you live.

• In the USA, I don't think parental consent will excuse you from her being too young to consent to sex and sexual play.

Remember that in the USA you can legally DATE her... but can't have sex.

However if you're in court over this, will a jury REALLY believe a 19 year old is platonically dating a 14 year old? In that case you'd be screwed. :-/

-----

I would stay away!

• No she's a child... C'mon dude..