How to tell my friend girls won't like him because he is overweight?

My friend has very bad luck with women and in my opinion it's because he is overweight. He always asks me what can he do to attract women and I don't want to tell him the truth because it could hurt his feelings. Should I tell him or nah?

Most Helpful Girl

• Persuade him to start working out with him, the gym.. basketball? Is he naturally overweight (has he been like this his whole life?) Or did he just gain it? Try to set him up with your female friends. I'm sure at least one, will be interested. Give them a heads up about him weight but tell only positive about personalities. It would hurt more if if was something that he couldn't help, but he CAN. Some people just need inspiration.

• He's always been on the heavier side. He's not obese but has a stomach.

What Girls Said 3

• Take him to the gym? Tell him you're looking for a workout buddy and thought maybe it'd be something he'd enjoy.

• I feel like it's probably going to make him feel even worse. I'm sure he obviously knows he's overweight and already feels bad because of it. Maybe suggest he should go for girls who are bigger like him. Tell him to try using Tinder or something.

• Yeah but telling him to go after bigger women will basically imply he's fat. Ill ask him about tinder

• Don't focus on the girls that don't want him. There are girls who don't mind a little extra weight. If he should lose weight, it should NOT be for anyone other than himself and his health. Trying to appeal to someone's ideal is really pointless. His health is the important thing and the other thing is you being a supportive buddy.

What Guys Said 1

• Could always tell him to start going to the gym but offer to go with him so it's a bit more subtle.