How to know if a guy is ok with being just friends?

There is this really awesome guy I met but right now I feel like I need to be single. he is looking for a relationship and asked me on a date. I told him I'm not looking for a relationship but if wants to more casually hangout that is love that. Last night we went bike riding and dinner and I had an amazing time and loved hanging out with him so I'd like to continue a friendship. There were some times throughout the night that he kept calling me gorgeous and that I was rare and he thought I was amazing. Even though he did say all of this he did tell me that I should try to be single since I never really have been. With what I described, do you think he'd be ok with just being friends or do you think he'd secretly be wanting something more?

Most Helpful Guy

• Most guys just want sex, they think a relationship is the only way to get it, so they go for it, but most of them will prefer to be just friends, is the sex what they don't want to miss, so for many it feels a relationship is the chance they have of scoring.

What Guys Said 4

• Id say stay single and flirt or what ever you want do it with him until you know he's only out to date you. Just assure him before hand you are not looking to date. doesn't mean you can't have all kinds of fun with him too. Some would say dont because he could get hurt but i say nay to those nay sayers lol. He knows what he's getting into :)

• He's always going to want more from you and will never accept being in the friendzone, but if he ever realizes that a relationship with you will NEVER happen, he'll probably fade away.

• Yeah that's what every guy wants to just be friends. I wouldn't do it.

• It's never ok.

At best it is tolerable, but still a shit deal.

What Girls Said 0