Girls/guys who have been cheated on do you find reasons not to trust people?

I feel like I do this all the time. I always am suspicious of the opposite sex even when they probably aren't doing anything wrong but I can't help it. Does anybody else do this? I know not all girls cheat or are gonna cheat but I just can't ever bring myself to ever fully trust a girl. Pretty much every girl has either chosen another guy over me or cheated on me. I guess that says something about me lol. What do you guys think?

Most Helpful Girl

• I myself have been cheated on and because of that I have always had trust issues always worried about giving my 100% only because I was afraid the next guy was going to leave me. However, I met a guy who loved me with all his heart and due to my insecurities I cld never give him everything he wanted and he broke up with me now I regret not giving him my all but it was because i was hurt before and now he won't give me a chance right now :( what I'm saying is.. never being the baggage because someone might truly deserve it and you might not have that second chance

What Girls Said 2

• Not exactly. I'm not at all jaded in that I don't worry about being cheated on. The guy that cheated on me, in hindsight, was a douche and it was to be expected.

I do have trouble being vulnerable in front of partners though. I don't know if thats linked to the cheating at all though.

• I do... an ex of mine cheated on me on Christmas eve (the only day we could have spent together that week) and told me on Valentine's day for 'maximum effect' his words not mine. It's given me major trust issues. My bf understands that and he and I are working together so I can get over those trust issues.

What Guys Said 1

• My ex cheated big time.
    I trust my wife 110 %