Can I text him first, or should I wait for him to text me?

I feel like this is an age old question...

I went on a first date with a gut last night that I really like. We spent about 5 hours together. We made out for a while and would have gone further if I didn't ask to slow things down--which he respected. He commented that he's not sure if I he has an effect on me because I wasn't giving much of a reaction. I explained that I was really liking it, but I was trying not to lead him on because I didn't want things to go too fast.

When he left, he said he would shoot me a text tomorrow.

I really want to see him again, but I'm afraid he was put off because I didn't want to go further sexually yet. Can I text him today, or is it better for me to wait for him to contact me?

Most Helpful Guy

• A text from the girl the next day where she tells me she had a great time last night is amazing.

What Guys Said 3

• Traditionally the guy is supposed to text first but I know I would have loved to have received it first. Give him a text, he'll be thrilled.

• I love it when girls text me first it shows that they really care and i don't have to be the one to start every convo

• You should text him, if he wasn't sure whether or not you're interested then it'll convince him you are.

• Thanks. I think he knows I'm interested because before he left I asked if he wanted to do this again and he said "if you can tolerate me again" and laughed. I said "yes". Then he told me to think about it. The last thing he said was he would text me. I thought that was clear, but maybe I need to be more clear. His answer just seemed odd to me.

What Girls Said 1

• Text him! Show him you're interested!