When should "being loyal" thing start?

I've been going out with this guy, the furthest we've gone (while being alone) was kissing and touching, with our friends it was just holding hands once. Couple days ago he was speaking on the phone while I was with him and he said he was with "his friend", that confirms we are not a couple. I have some guy friends (I noticed he is kinda jealous about them) and a one or two guys that I'd flirt but I don't. Technically, I am single and I can do what I want with other guys. The question is, how do you understand being loyal in these kind of situations? When you start seeing someone you automatically stop flirting with anyone else and expect the same from the other person?
It's just a casual question, I don't really need any advice:)

Most Helpful Guy

• When we've confirmed the two of us are in a relationship. After the first lip to lip kiss is my gauge.

• you think a kiss is a beginning of a relationship?
      I'm sorry if that sounds harsh, to be honest I'm a bit shocked but still I truly respect your view.

• Well it's not the beginning of the relationship but if I trust someone enough to "French" kiss them then I want to know that we're exclusive.

• I get it. thanks for your answer:)

What Guys Said 2

• Well if you really want to be with him then why start messing with other guys. Just balance the feelings out for someone versus how much fun and freedom you want.

• You start being loyal when you want him to start being loyal to you. You stop being involved with him when you stop caring if he's loyal to you (unless you mutually and explicitly want that kind of relationship, which is something you decide by talking about it not by playing "don't ask, don't tell.") Honestly it's not that complicated.

What Girls Said 1

• I wouldn't be loyal unless im his official girlfriend. I just wouldn't flirt with anyone in his friend group that's not a good look