Women, which will you choose over the other, a man with a physical or mental handicap? Please read details?

Women which would you accept more, a man with a physical handicap like no legs (but can still do things like have sex) or a mental handicap like a depression and anxiety disorder (has a lack of motivation and confidence)? And why? Please answer one of the two and don't say neither.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think it is a matter of one or the other... you can't just put people into a category like that because there is more to a person than their physical or mental limitations. Depending on the person, neither would be a deal breaker to me.

What Girls Said 5

• i would prefere physical handicap, since he would be healthy in mind and i mean for me personally that matters more rather than the looks or if a body part is missing, at the end we all need to be prepared that one day this might happen to our significant other, and of course it is our duty to stand by them... i would not choose the mental handicap since that would always end up bad id rather be happy with someone who doesn't have legs rather than being sad with someone who is depressed...

• It depends on how severe the depression and anxiety are. I would have no problem with an average case, but if the person is so down he has trouble getting out of bed in the morning, I couldn't start a relationship with him. It would be different if I already were in a relationship with someone and they got depressed. Then I would try my best to stay and support them.
    As for a physical handicap, I think I could look past it. Unless the person is completely dependent, like a quadriplegic. As shallow as that may seem, I don't think I have the mental capacity to be able to cope with that.

• I'd choose a guy with a mental handicap. It's okay to be depressed but I probably would not date somebody with an anxiety disorder unless they had high self esteem.

• It depends on which one i love the most, if i love the guy i would be there for him if he has either problems :)

• Depression and anxiety are not mental handicaps in my opinion. They can be treated and recover from those mental health problems.

It would depend on how much the handicap (whether it be physical or mental) impairs their ability to live a productive, fulfilling life.

• I see

• Because my friend is considered mentally disabled. He can have a normal life with medication and therapy. But I notice he can't find any woman that will accept him. He's in his sixties and has been trying to find some one for over 40 years and still hasn't. I was wondering why and now I have a good idea why.

• Aw I'm so sorry about that :(
      Thanks for sharing; that's so sad.

What Guys Said 1

• It's funny how many girls over complicate this question lol. I'm going to assume that most girls will say neither would matter and they love them anyways, or they would choose physical because at least he is mentally all there.