What exactly is a don juan?

In a precise paragraph please explain to me clearly what a don juan is.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's the dude version of "femme fatale" basically a guy who's good with the ladies.

• So it doesn't necessarily mean anything bad? Or repulsive? Does it?

• HAHAHA yeah she still claims it's her. Bless her heart.

• Lol maybe she THINKS its her. She's in denial, about herself !!! :!

What Girls Said 3

• A guy who uses his charm in order to sleep with a lot women. No, I don't like them.

• Lol you knew I was going to ask :p

• Lol you have a boyfriend and I hope he treats you amazingly

• Thank you! That's a really nice thing to say.

• A fabled lover.

• Do you

• Meh, you'll get used to all the fake pics on here :P

• The pics 2 years old from my FB pro. I see it all over now. I should prob put up another one.
      Maybe IDK.

• A guy who's a player and who is successful at it

What Guys Said 6

• A Don juan (noun) reffers to a person that is a womanizer (please tell me you know what that is), and seduces women.
    Other words with the same meaning: Casanova, seducer, skirt chaser (informal), lady killer (just a selection of the most comonly known synonymes)

Historically it was a Spanish nobleman famous for seducing women. This is the origin of the saying.

• Oh thanks man. Yes I know what a womaniser is. Like a player right? Ladies man?

• well, not really a player, but yeah, a ladies man.
      Generally it's a person seducing women. IE using class and style (sometimes also money) to make mature women fall in love with them.

• 0|0
    • Lol. The ultimate charmer!

• 0|1
  • Don Juan is a legendary character in myth and literature who was the ultimate lothario. He was a womanizer on steroids you might say. Chased a lot of skirt, and got it.

• Lol so that term is very negative to our society today

• It's also a tequila. Which helps guys become a Don Juan. Or at least makes them think they are lol

• Lol the oh so often epic fail when the girls like "not interested dude"

• That's the job of Google!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_juan

• Appreciated bud. But words have different connotations to different societies, so I wanted to know from a person-person perspective what their view on a Don Juan was. Whether it has positive or negative connotations to the modern society. But thank you for stating your opinion

• Just that you're passing your work on to someone else. Is it fair?

• Ohhh go masturbate or something man this wasn't an argument. If you didn't wanna comment then why did you?