im nerves when I'm attracted to a guy, so i ap[preciarte just beinbg able to spend time newer him without any demands. but sitting silently is awkward if you're not well acquainted.
anyhow if you like a girl would you mind being asked to see a movie as a first date?
would you do it even if you mind haha?
do you need her to say its a date to be clear for you of her intentions?
oh and is asking if you want too see a movie next week ok?
my schedule is kind of tight and i plan things by the week, so i can't ask for anything sooner than next week. like today is Sunday I could ask for next friday. that ok - or is it too long?
thanks for your help.
Most Helpful Guy
No I don't mind. Actually been asked on one such 1st date before.
A movie as first date actually IS a good idea, in my opinion. Provided that you knew that guy outside, as friends.
Why is it a good idea?
* It's a safe way to say, I'm interested in you.
* It's a convenient excuse to meet with someone. (if you are like me, I don't find much interest in you enough to meet you over coffee or lunch, but a movie sounds interesting!)
* After the movie, you can arrange a dinner. And here comes the conversational part that everyone was nitpicking about. Come and probe his thoughts and personality over a meal!
* And of course, the movie is a great conversational topic. So please don't pick a movie that is boring. Blockbusters work nice. For instance, Transformers was excellent, because Michael Bay had tons of plotholes for us to pick apart and laugh ourselves senseless about.
Okay then now your questions.
*I would love to go on a movie date with someone I had a crush on.
*If I had no crush on her, I would still go on the movie date as long as I find her appealing and a possible candidate.
* If I don't like movie dates because I hate movie dates for some reason, try to appeal using the idea of dinner after movies.
* I don't need her to say it's a date. It should be quite obvious that a girl who asks a guy out for a movie, alone, a night, with a dinner meal, is a date. But at the same time that it is obvious, if the girl keeps quiet and doesn't say that it's a date, it gives a sense of doubt and mystery. If I had a crush on her, I'll be pretty nervous and excited thinking about her intentions. So it's a good thing.
* Asking 1 week in advance is okay. It's not too long. To make it more natural, pretend as if you just casually struck conversation with him. Then as the conversation was getting good, you felt good about him, and that's when you ask the question.
* Do it in the evening. It sets the mood for a date. And just in time for dinner afterwards.1
- Show AllShow Less