What should I do, is my friend right?

I am more so tomboy than girly but my friend told me that I should change my mindset and become more of the sorority type. I haven't dated for awhile and he says that is why. Should I change my mindset and try at least acting a bit more on the girly side? Why are the girly girls what guys like anyways?

Most Helpful Guy

• Your friend couldn't be more wrong.

What if the man who is going to love you, and want to commit his life to you, loves that tomboy side? I know I would. If you "Changed" into something or someone you were not, that would only appeal to the superficial men who only want you for yoru body.

Embrace that cool tomboy side. Some guys really like it.

(Always trust your gut over your heart when looking at men.)

• Thanks! I'm kind of both but naturally the tomboy side shows a little more just because I honestly don't want to be"typical".

• I get that I may be a tad intimidating somehow. But if a guy seriously had the gut to talk to me he'd figure out how much of the opposite I am. I guess it will just take a special kind of guy lol.

• Precise my dear! Sorry I wanted to say that. Yes, a very special guy, I believe. I believe there is just one woman for me, and I believe that there is just one guy for you. If you are intimidating, imagine the guts it will take for him to talk to you. Remember, listen to your instincts and it will work out for your good!

What Guys Said 8

• Well that doesn't sound like something a real friend would say. Who is he to offer suggestions on your love life anyways?

I think you should embrace how you are as person, you'd be surprised that a great deal of men love tougher girls!

• Well he's been a part of my life for the longest time which is why his comment is conflicting with my own thoughts

• When you mean a tomboy how much of a tomboy. I think you should be you and if that is a tomboy then that is fine.

• Well I like fishing and playing all kinds of sports. I normally wear soccer shorts with t-shirts cause I practice a lot but I do dress up sometimes... I prefer jeans then skirts unless it's a day I just don't feel like wearing pants. hmm... I go to the gym with my guy friends. I take martial arts.. uhh.. I guess that's it?

• That is how I feel

• Sorry if that was too much info for you I am just a really open person sometimes.

• No, it sounds like he's projecting his preferences and opinions onto you. Plenty of guys aren't into girly, sorority types.

And besides, people are best off when they just be who they are and don't try to be anything that they're not. If you try to change yourself just to attract guys they won't appreciate you for who you really are.

• You don't want to change who you are. If you change to a sorority girl type, you will attract guys who are into sorority girls. You want guys attracted to your personality

• Talk to guys you are interested in. If they dont ask you out and they seem interested too, just ask them out. You don't have to pretend to be something you are not.

• He's right about the mindset tho. Let go of the idea that guys have to be the one to ask you out or initiate everything. Just have fun with it and go out on dated with different guys. You can be yourself

• Yea I'll try that next time (: thanks

• Hope it works out : )

• What kind of cruel friend would want you to act like something as horrible and unholy as a sorority girl?

• I know right!!! I'm sure he was commenting out of the goodness of his heart buuuuuut still! Lol

• Be yourself and dont giveup. There is a guy for you i promise. Does not sound much but i say it genuinely.

• why would i want to date a girl thats like a guy , its like dating a guy. Ask your self this would you want to date a guy thats acts like a girl no because he is a pussy

• Do have to say having a girl that has some of the same hobby as me would be fine but i rather have a girl that dosen't really enjoy it do it because she know that i enjoy it. this is why guys like girly girlys becuasei want to date a girl not a girl that acts like a guy but you will find someone that likes that

• dont worry if you are everything you say then i would date ya you seem pretty chill and you probably have a nice body from playing sports. Dont worry dont change your self then, i hate both pretty princess and real tomboys, but if i had to choose it would be a pretty princess. But ya then you go nothing to worry about :)

• haha I think this is why my guy friend said I should act more sorority like (which would be easy for me to pull off) because most of them are little princesses :P
      But thanks for your opinion (:

What Girls Said 1

• Noooo don't change! Be happy with who you are and by the way your friends sounds like jerk.

• haha he's just very blunt. Most of my guy friends are which makes them great friends. But he's right in the sense that I haven't dated in awhile and he also mentioned me being a little intimidating to guys who don't know me which is funny to both of us because well that's just not true