Older guys, 26+ years old. Is shyness and insecurity a turn off?

I am 29 and I am still timid and introverted. I am insecure. I don't think I am that attractive even though people say I am. I am not crazy insecure like check your phone or read your emails or fight other women type of insecure. I avoid fights and arguements. Is there guys that find this attractive? I been like this all my life... I can change so wondering if there are men who accept this.

Most Helpful Guy

• You are one kind of species and there are a lot of people like you. There are many kinds of people in the world and they have there own characteristics and similar kind. The world wants different kind of people so it will make it very hard for you to change the way you are.
    When you said "I can change so wondering if there are men who accept this." I think you would have already tried it sometimes without much success.
    I think you are more of a innocent and peace loving girl. You can push yourself to the brink when you get a challenge which is worth and something you like but you don't like speaking with someone for hours over useless things. Generally people like this think that they have a mission in life.
    If you are the person I mentioned above and you want to be a more open, then my advice is try to understand what is so good in relationship and why just talking with someone helps you and makes your day. Believe in people and when you see somebody you can talk with take a common topic and talk with them. You will feel encouraged and the other person will also like it.

What Guys Said 11

• There are plenty of men that accept and even like those qualities in a woman. There is someone for everyone out there.

Personally insecurity can be nice at first but it tends to grate on me after awhile. Like if I have to constantly keep another person's self esteem up it can be a bit draining. I can only tell you the dress you are wearing looks nice so many times when you ask me before i start getting annoyed. But hey we all have our ticks. What is important is you find a person that compliments you well. And can be the yin to your yang.

• Lol I don't fish for compli ments. Just if someone compliments me I don't take it to heart. I really don't want to know people opinion of me because people always have something bad to say. I only open up with people I trust so if I am a chatter box most times around it means I like and feel like I can trust you.

• Lol i might give you a heart attack if you met me in person ;D, cuz if you hide ill find ya and ask you why are you so shy :p

Shyness and Insecurity isn't a turn off, we all have those traits and its what makes us human. If those two things do get in the way, then it becomes a problem for me. Some people can't help being shy. For example, I've got a co worker, he's a 46 year old man, and he's assigned to me so im basically his boss. he's got no problem talking, but if he screws up, he will go and hide and ill have to look for him. If his paycheck is messed up, he will not have the courage to bring the problem to me. and I can go on forever.

It all comes down to communication skills. You should not avoid fights or arguments, but you should welcome them as a gift. Every little experience, no matter how good or bad, is a gift that will shape you to become a stronger person in someway form or another.

• Shy is fine, insecure is not.

Own your own awesomeness.

• I'm considered "older" now? Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccckkkk. My night's been ruined.

• Lol I jusy wanted the opinion of more experienced men who know what they want. The opinion of an 16 or 19 yr old doesn't help.

• Yes, it is.

• I just met one a few days ago, and I did not like her. I was completely turned off.

• Didn't realize I was an older guy already...

• Shyness is not a turn of but insecurity is.

• Being timid and insecure as a woman is not nearly the problem it is for men. Women prefer strength and confidence in a man. Men don't care so much about that in women, in fact some find it endearing.. Just be glad you're not a man. You'll be fine.

• Are you a virgin too?

• in my opinion women don't really come into their prime and accept their bodies for what they are and truly know haow to use what they have until they are 35+ then they have a real coming of age sexually.

You may be very attractive visually but often older men will want you to very attractive conversationally as well, it depends on the circles you move in!

• I think I have a good body. I call myself fat because I know I can look better. I don't really think I am fat. Its pushing myself to be better. I am only a chatter box around people I trust and feel comfortable with.

What Girls Said 1

• I would be cautious of a man who liked the fact that you are timid and insecure. some people are natural introverts and not everyone is outgoing, but self love is a wonderful thing. if you don't have that many guys would be looking to capitalize of that and use the shit out of you or be abusive to you