Is it worth even attempting to date when your severely depressed?

Title says it all. Hoopla.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• I encourage dating when you are depressed. By dating I am talking going out with different people, not going steady with one person. If you are depressed then dating can actually help bring you out of depression because you are getting out and having social interaction, you are having less time to think depressing thoughts. You can also take the opportunity to choose a variety of different places for your dates because breaking out of your normal routine will help a lot with the depression. Having social interaction is a great form of healing when you are depressed.

Credibility: I was once severely depressed and getting out really helped me!

What Girls Said 5

• Make sure is the right person if you thnk is goo then do it i think is a good idea it relaxes you to have someone you can talk to and if that person you know likes you too you ahould consider commiting to a relationship were you'll try not to get hurt or too hurt

• I have a very little chance of getting a girlfriend anyways, my only ex approached me for a relationship. Anyone I have asked, declined. I have no idea about women or dating a non-nympho (yes she was a whore).

• If you like someone just go with it try finding out if they like you too, if things dont work out dont be too depressed, try to be understanding and find someone else who you can give your heart to (not literally)

• It really depends, do you think you would be able to be there for someone when you're severely depressed? would that person be able to make you not depressed anymore? Attempting it is a great start to restarting everything all over again and to try and forget about your past... but It's really up to you cause you gotta remember that not all relationships are easy, it comes with a lot of obstacles also

• No. You have to sort the issues that you have before you start dating. It'll make everything easier.

• I really think you should go to counselling for a good while and sort through issues and get in good control of your life before trying to date again.

• Love can change everything.

What Guys Said 2

• it's not something that can be validated as "worth / not worth" honestly. It is more something around, can you take it or not? If you're clinically depressed you're either taking prescribed medications or in psychiatric treatment... hard to date (and deal with bad dates) anyone like that.

• Why ask why not try