Is he stringing me along? Or am I worrying too much?

Hi I need advice, I've been seeing this guy for about 3 weeks and we've seen a lot of each other up til now, like we'd meet up between 3 and 5 times a week. Anyway this week has been different and I don't know if I'm just reading into it. We met up Wednesday at his place and hooked up but not for the first time and everything seemed fine but since then he's set up plans to meet to go to the cinema twice and cancelled coz he is busy with work, then he set up a meeting with his son but cancelled today because he said his son was ill. I wanna believe him but he seems to have backed off since Wednesday and I don't know if I'm just blowing things out of proportion, for some reason I already knew he was gunna say his son was ill and he couldn't go before he even said it I don't know if I'm worrying too much or if he's blowing me off. What do I do? I'm trying to chill and not read into it but I've been messed about so many times with guys trying to keep me on the sidelines while they find someone else I'm scared it might happen again and I know that's my issue but im still worried

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• I think it's natural to get doubts sometimes... especially considering your past. You just need to relax cause you are worrying too much. Unless he's given you reason to doubt him before, then it's pointless to sit and stress. If for some reason his mind has changed then it's nothing you have control over either. So you sitting there being worried is counter productive. Take it day by day now and just do as much possible to keep your mind of it.

• He didn't even text me to let me know it wasn't until I text him that he said he couldn't make it. I don't get what's going on with him but I'm afraid to ask i case I push him away. Do I just leave him be and see if he comes to me?

• Yes... just wait till he contacts you. It's important that you put up the image that he isn't your everything and show him with your actions that you're not dependent on him. It's true that in many cases, people want what they can't have. Sometimes with guys especially you have to keep that mystery factor going... if he realizes he has captured you too soon he could lose interest. Best is to put yourself on a pedestal and not put him on one. Let him do his thing and you do yours. I'm positive that in time he'll contact you. But don't show him you're attached already and pretend like you don't care. I've been where you are at many times and truth is I've learned that sometimes you just have to hide away, fake it and pretend like you don't care in order to protect yourself cause it really seems that guys pick up on when you're getting comfortable and then it can scare them away.

• that's why its better to set up plans yourself. that way you know whether or not you plan to spend time with him and he just has to say yes or no. no guessing. if he's always making plans you're left completely at the mercy of his whims. if you're a person who is reliable then you ought to be the one making plans., he candles. even of its genuine its still not consistent. so if i was you id make plans. if he's not available there consecutive plans then id move on.

sitting back watching waiting to see if someone is honest or not when you ARE honest is a waste of time. just take control of things and take it from there.

I don't know whats up with him. I don't know him i can't get in his head. I don't know you either but YOU know you. thats all you can control, you. i think its easier than 'talking' bc you're not sure if he's being honest. which means he can lie when you talk. so just plan stuff. icd he's game good if not move on