How do you get your heart broken?

If you have never been in a relationship. I know some people ( mostly women) who say that they find it difficult to let romantic partners in. Now some have never even dated so how does this

*how does this work

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 2

What Guys Said 6

• By wearing it on your sleeve.

• Maybe the reason these people have never even been in a relationship is because they've been rejected, in turn leading to heartbreak? And If were talking about people who just aren't open to romantic relationships then that doesn't have to be because of heartbreak, there could be any collection of negative experiences which lead to someone being more closed off like that.

• By committing myself to someone even though they don't feel the same about me.

• A relationship with someone is unneeded to have strong feelings for him/her. Thus, people tend to become heartbroken when their feelings or intentions with a person are not reciprocated in such situations.

• I've never been in a relationship and I've had my heart broken three times. Twice with girls that live out of the country (vacation flings) and once with a good friend who was in a serious relationship from the day I met her. If you spend a lot of time with someone and love them it's hard not to get a broken heart.

• I have always been rejected or friend-zoned by the women I liked, so technically speaking I have had my heart broken several times without ever being in a relationship.