Should I go ahead and date him?

I really like this guy, except for a few major things. The first time he asked me out, I said no. He told my friend that he wanted to hate me after that, but he liked me so much that he couldn't.
I am crushing but I am worried about some big things. He told me that he isn't a Christian, while I am. He's Asian, I'm white, I don't know what my parents would think of that. Im not racist though.
I used to like his best friend.
Obviously I'm a teenager, I'm not looking for marriage. Maybe I should date him for a week or two, just give him a try... or should I just not even give him a chance?

Most Helpful Guy

• date him, give him a try... everyguy deserves a chance with someone. If things dont work out, what did you lose? nothing...

What Guys Said 3

• Try dating him and see what happens. You shouldn't worry about starting a relationship with someone until you actually get to know him. So go on a date and if that goes well go on another. Then after a few rethink if he's someone you want to start a relationship with.

• well your parents aren't going to be dating him, so don't worry about that. Give the dude a chance.

• You liking his best friend before is a huge no no. Believe me, guys will think this way.

What Girls Said 2

• just try to be friends first, i mean this seems like a good test run to me. But don't date him for a bit then dump him..

• I don't think you should go into a relationship with the idea of only dating for a week or two. That's really going to hurt the other person, and it'll be stuck in the back of your head that this is temporary, and you won't get the full effect of being in a relationship or give the other person a chance for your affection.

Now in regards to religion/race, if the religious issue means a great deal to you, then don't date him. But you have to decide if that's worth the affection being thrown away. In regards to race, I wouldn't think on it too much. Like you said, you're not exactly looking for marriage right now, so either of the above things really shouldn't matter at this point in time.