What does this mean? Guy I've been dating came over drunk, asked him if he wanted to date exclusively.. said we should talk about it later?

So basically what the questions says. We've been dating for 2 weeks. I don't want to be bf/gf or anything yet. I just want us to exclusively date.

He came over drunk one night and we were just talking for a while about how we met, and about us so I asked him if he was dating anyone besides me and if he wanted to and he said " No, I only want to date you" and I said "good. me too". I said I wasn't looking for anything serious but I just wanted to make sure he didn't have any "honey's on the side" so to speak. I didn't want to freak him out and force him to label us or anything which is why I said i wasn't looking for anything serious. He then said that he kinda just jumps into relationships and doesn't worry about being serious or not serious and we should talk about "this" when he's not drunk.

We didn't talk about it the next day because he had to leave early for a day he had planned with his friends, but he texted me after he got back. We both have so much work to do that we don't have much time to "talk" about this.

Did I screw up by saying I didn't want anything serious.. I mean, I do eventually-- i just don't want things to go to fast with us but I want some sort agreed upon attachment if I'm going to be spending so much time with him as I have been these past couple of weeks.

What does it mean that he wants to talk about it later? Does he not want to date exclusively yet?

Most Helpful Guy

• he's already dating exclusively so yes he does,... u should reword how u say that... dont want anything serious yet u want to date exclusively thats complete opposites there... tell him what u want and dont want be specific with words dont say "anything serious"

What Guys Said 1

• I thought dating exclusively meant you are boyfriend and girlfriend.

He was drunk, he probably didn't even remember the conversation.

What Girls Said 0