Why don't guys ask me out me?

I don't know why but it's rare if a guy approaches me or asks me out. I don't know why... I mean I do take care of myself and my personality is alright I guess. Any suggestions? If you want to know how I look, you can look at my avatar.

I am 5'8 and healthy weight. I go out once and while with my friends too.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes it's true that beautiful women often intimidate guys. If you don't know the importance of smiles, eye contact, body language, and making small talk, please read my previous post on that subject or read about body language on the web. First of all, you have to go where the guys can find you. There may not be enough or the right type of guys in your orbit. If that is true, you must consider what changes you can make.

You look great, you smell good, you smile, you can make small talk. Who can resist that? Now you've got to go where you'll find the type of guy you want to meet. If you may, go to a nice club with one friend, order a wine, and wait for someone to introduce himself. I know little about Tinder or Match et cetera and cannot comment on that, but I understand the women on those sites far outnumber the men.

If you feel you are an extrovert, though, you might begin conversation with guys you often see in your daily routine, but whom you haven't met. These guys will be "safe" because you see them at work or school and know a bit about them already. But use good judgment. Practice and learn the art of light conversation with friends. Keep it light, not too intellectual and not overly funny.

Finally, watch your body language and make sure you don't shield yourself from others by a crouching posture and avoiding eye contact. You want to radiate friendliness. If you persist, though, Nature will do its work. You have to put yourself in the public eye.

What Guys Said 12

• My guess for why men are not actively pursuing you for a relationship is that once they start talking with you and have a real conversation, they can sense one of, or a combination of the following:

-lack of self-confidence because you've yet to have a serious relationship
    -an over-willingness to find a guy and immediately want a serious relationship with him (you're a little desperate)
    -a personality that is not easy to be around
    -a personality that is not enjoyable to be around (you're boring)
    -a lack of knowledge about men in general

Don't wanna insult you, just offering my thoughts as to why you're having this problem. I see that other male users have already said this, but to reinforce the fact, you're definitely an attractive girl... very good looking.

I hope you have success in finding a man!

• I'm not sure about other guys but, if you mean random guys in public, I really don't like talking to a girl only based on how she looks.

• Then how would you know anything about her. If you don't even talk to her.

• Other than how they look and some body language, I wouldn't. I rarely want to get to know someone based on how they look though @Coolstud93 .

• I think you're attractive but I would only ask you out in the right situation. Do you make yourself approachable? If you're always in a large group or if you don't seem to be in a good mood, that is probably stopping guys who would ask you out otherwise.

• do you smile and look at guys? give him the eyes?

• I'd say bc men are intimidated. Do you smile a lot?

• because ur tits are bigger than ur face

• Wow you are gorgeous :). You have beautiful eyes. I would ask you out In a heartbeat.

• Looks like you have great tits, I would

• Maybe you should try asking a guy out? Radical theory I know...

• That is what I'm telling all these girls who ask these ridiculous questions. I've seen ugly girls get asked out. I've seen ugly girls ask guys out.
      Being ugly doesn't mean no one will ask you out. Wtf princess women, are they really that delicate that they can't make the first move? If you really wanna date, you'd just ask someone out. And if you're too shy, tough shit. Keep waiting then and stop complaining if you supposedly really want a man!!
      -__________-

• Yep, can't disagree with any if that.

• There is a difference between a man approaching you, and a man asking you out. If that is your picture then you are being approached a lot, I can promise you that. A man that is interested in you will approach and then decide if he wants to ask you out. Normally the guy has already decided he likes you and is just waiting for a signal that you like him.

You see, guys want to avoid the pain and embarrassment of being rejected. So they tend to only ask out women that give him some signals that she likes him. When he approaches, and you are not interested, you won't even notice him as a man. He picks up on this and leaves without asking you out. So you are unlikely to even notice a man approached you. This is why you think you aren't being approached very often. You just aren't noticing a lot of the guys that are approaching you.

If you do like the guy, and are shy when he approaches you, your body language can tell him, that you don't want him around. He will just give up, and move on to another girl that sends out the signals that he is looking for.

It might be that your standards are so high, that what your really mean is "Why don't guys that I am attracted to, ask me out?" I don't know what your standards are, but a lot of women that claim never to be approached, actually just have unreasonable standards.

• i sense a troll

• Perhaps because you're already dating? Not sure why that little tidbit seemed to have escaped your thinking on this...

What Girls Said 2

• If you're really interested in getting men, why don't you just ask them out yourself? -_-
    You look attractive in your pic. But I've seen guys ask out ugly girls out too. And I've seen ugly girls ask out guys. So if you really want their attention, why not just make the first move?
    I don't understand why girls keep asking here "Am I ugly? Why don't men ask me out?" Has it ever occured to females to fucking make the first move if you really want a man that badly? What's up? What's going on here? Am I missing something? Why has no girl ever thought of this, pretty or ugly?
    You're not ugly. But you can still ask the man yourself. Good luck.

• well how about try starting conversations with guys first? starting conversations with them, flirting with them first can make it easier on them to then literally ask you out themselves