How does the dating field change as you age?

What was your experience in how you approached/were approached and interacted with people in romantic relationships as you passed into different age groups?

Most Helpful Guy

• Men age like fine wine, when I am 30 it'll be alright, when I'm 40 it'll be pretty good, and when I'm 50 I'll consider marrying a girl half my age (sarcasm), ; )

I think overall dating improves as we age for both men and women, we know what we want and people are more mature so there's less drama usually.

• That's pretty hopeful for all of us :) has the way you interacted with women changed over time?

• Na I don't bother with that voting thingy I don't get the point... And your on my mh consideration list ;)

• I appreciate that, ; )

What Guys Said 7

• Your expectations change, as much as what you want in a partner. When I was younger I tended to date women older than me, but also who enjoyed many of the same things I did. However I also tended to enjoy the company of older women because they tend to have a better grip on their principles and what they want in a guy. As I grew older I started looking for women that shared my principles but also were stable and had a future. When I was in my late teens early 20s I was less worried about stability in some degrees. The older I've gotten the more I look for someone who sees the future as a tangible thing and wants to work towards that. Not just play around or complain about how life has gotten them down. Also in the last few years I have been approached by women around five to ten years older than me who want to play around or just have a good time. Though I can say in the last 8 years my love life has read like a dark comedy.

• It does not change I will always date prime time women as I am pure and don't sleep around and I don't really age that much. I have had only one girlfriend a long term relationship and I did it all for her from head to toe.

• What is a prime time woman? Lol

• I am on my laptop

• Oh I have no idea than... You used to be able to do it... Guess they took that away :/

• When I was younger it was about less stuff. I dated around 19 and it was about fun. Now it's about everything else it seems. The things girls seem to look for are the house, the job, and income, the degrees, etc. Around 25 people seem to notice things changing over to these things. I live on my own and work 2 jobs and workout a lot and yet, am still single.

• If a woman didn't talk about those things and just wanted to be with you, would you think her immature? Would you still want to be with her?

• Yea unfortunately many girls out there aren't the same way. I used to do a lot of online dating and at the bottoms of the profiles the girls had these lists saying things like a bachelor's degree was required to date them and I felt like I was on monster. com.

• Haha yea I mean I just feel like there are plenty of things that make a man and while it takes a smart man to keep up with me, a piece of paper isn't gonna change his ability to out Witt me or not... Money and houses and cars can all be taken away. So why even aim for that?

• Teens and early twenties: Cared only about me and my penis. Long term was 3-6 months with lots of f'ing.
    Twenties and early thirties: Still only cared about my penis, just better at pretending I cared about women. Long term turned into a couple years.
    Thirties and early forties: Truly care about women and how they feel. Emphasis is not on getting laid, but on being in a relationship. Most confident I've been ever and the easiest time I've had meeting women.

• I get more interest from early 20s women now then I did into early 20s.

And my early 20s was better than my teens.

• Interesting lol you must get better looking with age :)

• as u get older and experience more relationships u get to know what u want and expect and it changes what a person looks for... u get more maturity in relationships over time

• well iam finding girls 18-19 are fairly dumb and i should stick to my age group

• Haha on god that is so true! I was an idiot in so many ways back then... But sometimes I do wonder if I actually have gotten smarter or just fancy myself as smarter :)

What Girls Said 3

• Hmm i never dated anyone in highschool or in college. In fact the guy i first dated was my first boyfriend and it just started this year. You'll never know when you will find your true love. Im hoping this is it. Coz so far so good. I just met his parents last night and i slept in their house. What a nice feeling! Hehe..

• More people know what they want. There is also more divorced people in the dating pool.

• Lol do divorced people make it easier or harder?

• Well, divorced people make the numbers of people available the same, which is good if you're single and older. However, the dating dynamics might be harder if they have kids.

• Makes sense kids do throw a twist in things lol

• I didn't date in high school but when I dated in college I found I knew what I wanted more in a man as I started realizing what I wanted out of life

• And what is it that you want now?

• So what did you want before college than?

• I was focused on graduating and getting dual college credit and working. I had a lot of activities going on in college