Girls, how important is similar music taste in a relationship?

I mean its always a plus to share the same style of music i hope i find a gf with similar music taste but would you ever reject a guy for loving a certain style or singer, if so which singers or styles? Is there any type of music that if a guy listens to, it turns you off. Thanks

Most Helpful Girl

• It is definitely a perk. I listen to music all the time, and like talking about music too. Its nice to share that with a partner.

Luckily I'm pretty eclectic so I can find common ground with most people.

What Girls Said 10

• not that important tbh. i actually wouldn't mind being into different stuff. it allows us to be open to each other's differences, and who knows, maybe i could end up liking the music he does.
    id only reject him if he was into nothing but rap, heavy metal, techno and all that crap. music taste actually says a lot about who a person is, so i know if i date someone with such interests, there's trouble.

• It's a bonus if his taste is similar to mine. I love music and I love sharing it and listening to it with other people. My SO has really similar taste to mine - rock, jazz, and classical mostly, which is great. He also likes electronica and rave type music, while I don't. So I just put up with it :)

• I don't really mind if we have different tastes in music but... when it comes to screamo, I just can't. Screamo makes me so freaking angry and I have no clue how people listen to it, so I would reject him just to save him from the anger issues that I have towards that genre lol.

• Thats okay, i dont like screamo either XD. I used to listen to it. Now i like pop and dubstep :). You can probably guess my favorite singer pretty easily

• I am 100% country music and my boyfriend absolutely hates country. My boyfriend only listens to rap, I hate rap, hasn't come between us yet.

• No one would reject a guy for the type of music he likes. That's silly. I don't think its very important to like the same music. It can be a plus, but it isn't a necessity. What's the worst that can happen if you don't like the same music?

• given he's a musician and im a musician... very important to our relationship

• It's not extremely important but it's nice to be able to just enjoy the same music together or even discuss it but it's not really a deal breaker if they like something that I don't like

• Extremely important. My man has to love Katy Perry

• Katy Perry is awesome i love her Dark Horse song! My favorite singer is Selena Gomez though :), but i think katy perry is awesome too :)

• VERY important. That's one of the things I really look for in a man I want.

• Can I ask you something. So if you asked me what kind of music I listen to and I say "whatever's on the radio" because music is not a passion of mine, would that be a turn-off?

• Yeah same with me i like talking about my music it means a lot to me. I would love to find a gf who is also a Selenator. It would be fun to listen to music with your partner that u both love!

• Honestly for me i wouldn't care what my gf listen to as long as she wasn't judgmental of my music. But it would be awesome to share common interests in music

• It would be great if we could share something so personal such as that, but not necessary. The only dealbreaker would be if they listened to Insane Clown Posse or something like that.

What Guys Said 0