Is there a way to get from hookup to more?

My hookup over the summer (we were in different towns, so we texted the whole summer) told me he liked me and wanted to take me on a date. I kept badmouthing dating in general, but I never said "No, I don't want to do that." Since we've been back he's been kind of distant (busy with school mostly) and doesn't text or snapchat me anymore much. We hooked up twice - both times we was into eye contact during sex, cuddling, and goofing around after. I'm starting to realize I like him back, but I don't know what to do. He hasn't said anything about dating, since - I tried asking, but I think he misread the texts because we just both wound up defensive. Not sure what to do, help?

• He still likes you, is afraid of getting hurt
  • He's not interested in anything but sex
  • He's busy, but likes you
  • He doesn't know what he wants

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• I would just ask him if dating is still an option in my opinion it never hurts to ask even if its hard id rather know then not know.. so just send the text and wait for a response but know you won't always get back what you want to hear so be prepared for any and all situations.. i hope this helps

• He's probably not snapchatting and texting as much because he's just busy with school, that's no big deal and I wouldn't take that to mean anything since school keeps people busy.

He's hooked up with you twice so I'd say he definitely still likes you in SOME way, but if you want more than this, you need to just say that.
    If he misread the texts about it, try talking about it when you guys spend time together. Ask him if he's wanting to date or just keep things as they are. Let him know what you want... that's the only way to be sure everyone knows what's going on and what they're there for.

Best of luck!
    Let us know how things turn out!