Would you date a HS dropout? Would you marry a HS drop out?

The bug man that comes to our dorm every month is pretty popular with us girls. (he's hot) He's about 22 or so, and someone that knows him says he never finished HS.
We're all interested in your response.
Your turn.

• I would not date, therefore not marry a HS dropout.
  • I would date but not marry a HS dropout
  • I would date and probably marry a HS dropout.
  • It depends. I'll explain below.
If I was offered the choice between education, and creativity, I would take the creativity.
You can buy education, but creativity is not for sale, it is largely inherited.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't mind about HS to be honest, as long as she's an honest and decent person.

• That is directly reflective on you. I think you have described yourself.
      Are there any more of you out there?

• I don't know about that, and yes there are plenty of people like me out there, I'm pretty sure I'm not unique :)

• Hey, thanks for MHO :-)

What Guys Said 18

• I dated a HS drop out for several years. She was smarter and more successful than most college grads.

Another guy I knew dropped out of school in the 8th grade and was a millionaire by 19. (legally :d)

I really couldn't care less about education. It's waaaaay over rated.

• Maybe.! Your points are well known and some of the exceptions are, well, exceptional. Still, education seems to pay off for the masses.

• I've never seen any convincing evidence that higher education pays off for the masses. I think you will come out ahead with a college degree, but not by much, and only in higher paying areas. I think there are a large number of degree where you actually come out behind. It's a huge investment of time and money.

• Oh no, the studies are there ad they are virtually universal.
      Interestingly, only about 30% of college grads work or remain in their field of major study. The exceptions are in the pro degrees such as law, medicine, and certain businesses.

• Did he drop out to start his own business? Or did he drop out, and then only manage to find work as an exterminator?

"Hot" isn't going to last forever.

• I know a woman that after many years of friendship told me she was a high school drop out. She eventually got her Ged. It's not a factor to me unless they have made no effort to further their learning. People can be educated in many ways, a piece of paper does not define intelligence.

• You are a strong friend. As a society we can be too judgmental.
      She is fortunate to know you.
      Thx.

• Whether or not she graduated high school doesn't affect how I would feel about her, so yes. A high school degree doesn't necessarily say anything about someone's character. I care more about the strength of our bond and whether or not we can make sufficient money between us.

• You are a very understanding person.
      Are you a teacher?
      Just asking!

• I have learned a lot with this. People like you allow people like me to think that every tomorrow will be better.
      thx!

• No problem. Happy to help :)

• I would not. Incapability to finish even basic education such as high school is a bad omen, a negative indicator.

• I won't even date someone who hasn't attempted to obtain a college degree. To me it shows the inability to commit their self to a goal and lacking the desire to improve themself. Everyone has the capability to be intelligent and gain an education, but it takes time and commitment.

• I think that is thoughtful. What about extenuating circumstances?

• Congrats on the world record for longest run on sentence, firstly I would advise not opening a business without the working knowledge of accounting least you end up on the wrong end of government. Secondly oil field workers end up working paycheck to paycheck because its gone faster than they can make it. Lastly I was able to decipher that garbage because of education, and it may take you less time to type it but it wastes my time trying to read it.

• u pay some1 else to do ure taxes and what u need to know about balancing checkbooks u lrn form high school... it was required... my cousin bring home almost 2 grand a week... he works a week out of town a few days local and then a few days off.. his training was paid and free... he owns his own 15 acre house thats lake front and owns 2 trucks which he just bought a new 1 now and still has the money to put some away and go out with friends every night he's home... who needs more money then that... u look down on people cause they dont have a degree and u believe ure better than them... my cousin is an extremely successful man who works hard has a great social life and pays for everything he wants and has everything he needs... if some1 would refuse to date him because he dont have a degree... thats bullshit

my cousin is 10x the man most men are and he's only mid 30s... i dare all of u to be a bigger man than him

• Honestly its not by how much your educated or how far youve come to determine if i would date or marry. Of all the things in the world i least care about education. That tells something about me too i know.. but only bc i had a hard time keeping up in HS. And i have a very good reason why i couldnt keep up.
    So to answer your question more directly and straight; yes, i would date a hs dropout. But that depends on if i like her enough to ask her for a date.

• who gives a shit about education levels? LOL

• Depends on the reason why she/he dropped out. But if she simply gave up and didn't bother to find other options of how she can graduate such as independent studies or adult school I wouldn't date them. I'd rather have somebody who actually tried and exhausted all other options rather than them sitting on their asses and complaining that they never got through anything.

• Both of my parents are teachers. So I had asked them a similar question, with a few twists. "Why do people drop out of school"?
      Anyway they both brought up learning disabilities as a key factor. They also were quite harsh in their evaluation of other teachers collecting paychecks with little effort put into their important jobs. My mom has always felt teaching is a privilege, with a mission, related to the student. She and my dad were very popular with the student body and less so with administrations.

• Oh, you have very good parents. Most of my teachers kinda just gave me textbooks and assignments. Didn't learn much in school at all really.

• That is very sad and not uncommon. My mom says she finds ways to run off the incompetents.

• I'm a HS drop out, and I earn like a mother fucker.
    virtually every good earner in any company i've worked for was a HS drop out.

university / HS - all it does is train weak men to stay weak, work hard, and slave like a bitch.
    it does not educate.

• Through personal experience, I've found that not only do women not date men that aren't educated but they also don't date men without a certain minimum income requirement.

• I think you are right. My guy must be motivated and not afraid of me being the major wage earner.

• if i knew she was trying to make a considered effort to make her life better i would. we could support each other

• also being "hot" doesn't necessarily make you a better person, but more like icing on the cake id say. also depends what you want. if you're shallow and it doesn't matter i guess how the guy treats you just because he's "hot" because in the end everybody gets what they want right? whatever floats your boat i guess

• Depends on who it is. Some circumstances are difficult to avoid. I personally had to drop out of highschool because of personal issues, but now I'm in college.

• Adversity can make some people very strong and determined. You sound that way, not to be denied.

• A guy down the street from me, picks garbage for a living because he never finished high school. He's old and is not in good shape, though he does know how to fix things (handyman), still single. I don't think he'll ever get married, or get a girlfriend, guy doesn't even have a car. The problem with men with no license and no car and no job, is that he's basically, no fun. Girls want fun men, and he's not

• Considering what I learned in highschool I can't judge ones intelligence or understanding for their lack of formal education.

• Yes, Education is important, but everybody has passion on doing thing they love and make that as a profit center.

I dont care if my future gf is a high school drop out, as long she has a job, I am all good.

• A guy I work with is a High School dropout and he married a woman who has her PhD.

• in principle, yes.

What Girls Said 6

• I would even date a man that didn't have a college degree or was in the process of obtaining one. Without a college degree, he's likely never going to get a job better than the one he has now, and it might be fine for a 22 year old to be an exterminator, but how "hot" is it going to be twenty years from now?

Not only does it present financial setbacks, but in my opinion the inability to graduate high school would show a HUGE lack of responsibility and commitment on his part. These days, all you have to do is show up to class and they'll give you a diploma, so there really isn't an excuse.

• All facts support education. That said, a motivated person with good work ethics can be very successful here.

• If he was motivated, he would have finished high school. I could MAYBE understand not going to college given ridiculous tuition cost, but high school? Seriously?

• Depends. One of my relatives never graduated high school but has kept a steady job with a good income for decades. He's mature and stable. Another one of my relatives never graduated high school and is immature and unstable with a dead end job.

Some people know how to turn their life around and thrive. Others don't even try to. I think this is a totally individual circumstance. The sole fact that one is a high school dropout does not determine whether they are datable or not.

• Depends on the reason. If he felt constrained by the rigid structure of education and went on to become a musician or maybe even an entrepreneur, I wouldn't mind. If he was just a lazy bum who couldn't get through the very basic high school material, well... I think the wording of this statement gives away enough.

• You bring up a very important point. We rate people's education almost solely on academics. For some reason, the cracker jack garage mechanic, cabinet maker, zoo keeper, gardener, are ignored.
      This is almost unique. In EU a Mercedes trained diesel mechanic earns more than a banker here. A police officer in Japan is held in very high regard, and paid handsomely for it.
      Here these people are often derided if their career isn't matched with education.

• Yup, and shoemakers or other craftsmen in Poland are in very high demand, too. Except most of the time, they choose the so-called technical schools instead of high school, so they dont get to drop out in the first place. If they choose high school, they are expected to stick with it.

• Did he get his g. e. d. and go to college anyway? Or military? Then sure.

Otherwise no.

• It depends on why he dropped out. Honestly, in most situations, probably not. I'd have to like him a lot, and he'd have to have a good reason for it.

• i really dont care i hate highschool my sister dropped out but she is doing better than some people that have jobs so it doesn't really matter to me

• I am very interested in your comments. Can you be a little more specific on why you hate school.
      You can message me if it is more convenient.
      I am sure teaching is in my future. So I need to learn from people like you.
      Thx..

• I dislike it because the teachers don't really put effort in to anything they teach they don't let you use your notes on a test for math and for me math is very difficult also I don't have any one tutoring me on subjects that I'm weak on I feel helpless

• I am sorry to hear that.
      Remember, smarts are NOT just related to academics. Almost everyone has an area they excel in. An example is caring enough to counsel others that need help.
      To me like the Special Olympics is an example of caring that some people can make a career of.
      Forget the math. Work on the things that turn you on, so you can turn others on. It can be dance, music, or working any job where you get to use your own personal skills.
      You sound very nice to me.
      Work it girl. :))