Does my height matter?

I am 14 years old. but, I am 6'4. I was dating a guy 2 years older than me. he's about 5'11. we were talking for about 4 months. we were around each other a lot so he knew how tall I was compared to him. well, we started dating and 6 days later he broke up with me because he said his friends were making fun of him because I am taller than him. I don't understand why guys are like this. I've always been insecure about it. and guys just make it worse. can you help me understand?

Most Helpful Guy

• In my opinion height does not matter, as long as I really like the girl, I donĀ“t care if she is tall or shorter than me. This guy cares more about what people might be talking about him with you, he was not the right guy for you

What Guys Said 5

• You're 14 and 6'4? And a girl? O. o Whoa. Height doesn't matter to me, but I'd imagine that being a problem for some guys. Some like girls who are shorter than them and you're already taller than a full adult male's average height in the USA.

I guess I can't help you understand from their perspective as I don't care about height, but I've heard some guys say it has to do with masculinity. That for some reason they feel less manly because their girl is taller. I think that's stupid, but that could be a possibility as to why.

• I actually prefer gals who're taller than I am (5'4" BTW) to about 5'7" in flats. I don't want to look like I'm her child when / if she wants to wear heels). LOL

Height will matter to some guys. If they don't date you because of height (and yes, I realize that contradicts the above a bit), it's their loss. As guys age, hopefully they'll see what's truly important in a relationship.

• He wasn't the guy for you. Get a guy who loves you. for who you are. And that doesn't care what people say. But your still young don't rush it.

• If you were 18 at least and we live in the same city, I would have taken you out on a date. I am 6"2" and I am not intimidated by taller girls.
    Intimation is the answer you are looking for.

• That's the difference between men and boys, boys are pressured by the opinions of others, men don't give a shit what other people think.

What Girls Said 1

• It's not a height issue, it's an age / maturity issue. A 16-year-old kid dumped you because his friends were teasing him? He's the one at fault here, both he and his friends acted immaturely and you deserve better than that. You should have no reason to feel insecure!