Girls would you date a guy that is struggling with depression?

If he's trying to deal with it and stuff would you?

Most Helpful Girl

• My ex struggled with it and was even on meds for it. It was frustrating at times because he would be in no mood to do anything and he was always so negative. I am a pretty upbeat person and it's hard to be with someone so down all the time even if they are trying to deal with it. If I loved the person then yes I would stick by and help them deal with it as best as I could. I deal with a lot of anxiety so he would have to deal with that from me lol

What Girls Said 8

• Depends on the extremity of the case he is dealing with, depression wise.
    If it is unhealthy of him to invest himself into a relationship because it will be simply a fix to his present situation and a way to find happiness - I would not date him. That could later evolve into relationship problems that are underlying. Also, if I realized I wasn't interested after some time - it could result in increased depression which I would hate to be the cause of.

... Tricky position there.

• Just say no

• Kind of like drugs? lol But I am serious... it completely depends. I would likely just take it really slow if I was interested in him and he was managing his depression. Everyone is different.

• Yes. It is not like they caused it for themselves, and it doesn't change who they are inside, nor does it make them any less worth as a human being. If I liked a person, I wouldn't judge them for struggling with depression, instead I would try and help where I can.

• I would. I struggle with it myself.

• Sure, if I'd like him, all I'd want to do is help really

• I probably would, if i genuinely really liked the guy.

• I have dated a guy battling depression, I helped him out of it :) it took 1.5 years to get him to see the brighter side of life. But yes, I would :)

• Im going through thr same thing. I guess we could help each other out

• yes.. i'm very accepting especially if i like the person.

What Guys Said 1

• Most probably wouldn't because it's considered a sign of weakness to them and they want a strong and emotionally healthy partner.