What is love, or what comes to your mind when you think of the word "love"?

Describe in your words what you think love is?

Most Helpful Guy

• In my mind love is just a series of lust. And by lust I'm taking it out of its sexual context and using it to mean "wanting immensely".

Let's take a lover for example. You say you love them, but what does that mean? It means you lust for them sexually. Lust for them emotionally. You want them to be the best they can be so you lust for their improvement and lust for their success.

Parents. You lust for their protection. Their wisdom. You lust for their acceptance and their happiness. You lust for their love, which if reversed they have their own set of lusts for their child.

I would elaborate a lot more so that this doesn't sound like complete crap, but I didn't want to over do it.

What Guys Said 1

• Love is a verb!

It's wanting to do things for that person, being happy when they're happy, being for them through the good times as well as the bad ones. It's a lot of work, but I see in those that genuinely love each other that it makes their life so much more enjoyable.

What Girls Said 2

• Love, to me, is half emotion and half choice. Whenever you see someone you love, you get that warm, fuzzy feeling inside. Choosing to love someone is when you give your whole heart to them and go out your way to make them be happy and feel loved.

• I've never been in love before, but from what I've heard from friends and family, it's like a mixture of every emotion. Because it's so strong, I don't think there can ever really be the right words to describe it, yet people still know it when they feel it.