Is having coffee with a girl a date?

I am shy about asking girls out especially on a real date. Do you think coffee counts?

Most Helpful Girl

• The first time my crush and I ever hung out alone without other friends, we went for a walk and chilled at Tim Hortons (being the typical Canadian I am) for about an hour and half haha. I basically said "Wanna join me for a walk?" And because he knew I walk a long way to Tim Hortons, he said "sure and we can grab a drink at Timmies on the way". It's as simple as that. It wasn't a date but we certainly enjoyed each others company and getting to know each other without thinking too much into it or putting any pressure of it being a date. It's the start. Going for coffee is a simple and easy way to spend time with her and besides, the import thing is that you two are enjoying each others company and getting to know one another better. If she goes for a kiss or hints for a kiss at the end of the night, you'll know it's a date. But don't force it or make her nervous. Take it slow and see where it goes from there. Be sure to ask her questions and let her know you are interested in what she has to say and that you listen - girls love that.

What Girls Said 2

• Yes it is! Its a good mini date for a first date.. Your not crowded with a lot of people, you can sit down and actually have a nice chat! Hehe its actually quite cute! Good luck

• I think coffee counts, but is more casual & not as high pressure. Plus, it's cheaper on the wallet :).

What Guys Said 3

• I like what misscoffeehead said. I think going for coffee is a great way to get comfortable with someone without all the pressure of a "real date". I am like you, I would rather have a casual and/or simple get together first. Does it count as a date? Sure, why not?

• It's not what you do that matters but your intention behind it.

On the other hand. I've never understood the need to label things.
    Don't worry about "is this a date?" umm.. is THIS a date? hmm.. maybe THIS is a date?
    It just gets confusing.

If you like the company of another person then do things you like with that person. The more you do things like that the more you will get to know each other. Don't make things more complicated than they have to be.

• It only is if you both see it that way.