Why do some guys (or most guys I know of) takes 7 years to text back?

I mean seriously, do they just text someone then throw their phone across the Pacific Ocean? I know they're usually not busy at that time, and I don't text them 100 texts to explode their phone either. Just a "what are you up to?" takes him forever to reply. No don't bring up that lame "My phone is dying" excuse.

Most Helpful Guy

• Why do some people freak out over how long it takes to text?

I mean seriously! Do people not TALK to each other anymore? You'd think they lived across the Pacific Ocean! Just a simple phone call or stopping by to say "What are you up to?" wouldn't kill anyone. We are HUMANS after all you know, not stupid text on a screen.

And don't bring up the lame "We're a new generation" Excuse. IF you are, then suck it up and deal with. Personally I have REAL friends that I TALK to rather than stupid texts and social media.

What Guys Said 5

• Over summer some of my friends got mad because I never responded to their texts, but I was in Mexico all summer with my phone on airplane mode so I would not have to pay really unreasonable international texting fees. But I tried to explain it to them and they were like bull sh*t. Then I was like whatever then.

• i leave my phone on vibe and i dont notice it all the time usually im online or watching tv or ill read the text and then get doin something thinking i had texted back but didn't

• They're busy playing League of Legends, I'd wager.

• They don't care for you if it's EVERY TIME. But sometimes we are actually busy or may be on vacation where we get no reception. Eventually we will respond if we do like you.

• lol, once I waited three months (the span of summer) to text someone back.

• Why would you wait for 3 months? lol

• haha tempted to respond to that 3 months later. Eh anyway I hate texting, decided I would do it when school started again. I knew she didn't want to meet up so why play some fake bullshit over the phone

What Girls Said 1

• Hahaha, seriously. I'm having the same damn issue. I don't even like texting that much either, but I don't just not respond for days/a week. I'm thinking he's just not that interested, especially if it happens a lot and he's not working like 80 hours a week or something. Rather talk to a guy who makes more of an effort and doesn't just say he likes me, but acts like it too.