Girl says her hands are cold?

Not really a date per say, but she is a girl who I've liked for years. I've done the friendzone thing but she is finally single. We went out on the ocean and she commented that she was cold and that her hands were cold a couple times. Do girls generally only say this if they want the guy to do something? I'm still shaking off the cobwebs of being purposefully overly non touchy with her after four years of her being in a relationship. Reaction time is a bit slow.

Most Helpful Girl

• I do that when I'm generally cold but also because I want to see if he's a gentleman. I'd say it's a great excuse to hold her hand or put your arms around her. :)

What Girls Said 1

• I suggest giving her your jacket or putting your arms around her to warm her up, however if she doesn't react positively then stop.

What Guys Said 1

• if u want try this tell her let me see grab her hands in ur hands facing her cup hers in yours and breathe your warm hands on hers see what her reaction is just look up at her give her little grin smile and ask her is that any better make eye contact